F1-VACI superset

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
I recently contacted Humax regarding my F1-VACI 5300 STB and asked why the downloadable software has not been upgraded for over 2 years.
As an aid to others, their response is shown below-

The software for the F1-VACI is restricted by the hardware and amount of memory available. We have not released software for this model for a while because the software has be upgraded to a point where it is stable and has reached the limits of the hardware.

Please understand that technology is continuously improving with faster processors at lower costs which is why we can now provide newer models with more features and more attractive on-screen menus.

The older models were also never designed to be upgraded via satellite and therefore this function is not available.

Any new software for the older F1-series models would only be for fixing problems or adding additional features when necessary. A new version of software for the F1-VACI Superset has recently been released. This new software verison is SVC 2.04.13 and adds support for Viaccess2 encryption system.

The upgrade to this new software version can only be performed by Humax dealers or distributors. Unfortunately we can not send this software to customers or put this software on our website for security reasons as instructed by VIACCESS. Please contact your nearest Humax dealer or distributor for the upgrade.
END.

DOES anyone know if the new software verison is SVC 2.04.13 is available on the internet?
If so I'm sure we would all be very glad to download it ???
Regards

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
As the man says, its not (or should not be) available via public means

The Viaccess bit in the box is upgradeable but the software if recorded by the wrong people could be used to find better means of accessing the programme content (ie hacking)

Looks like your only answer is to take into your friendly Humax authorised dealer

Where do you live ?

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Looks that way.
Do you know of anyone around NORTHAMPTON who would be able to help?
I,m moving to France later this year and obviously Viaccess is a must!!!
Thanks for reply.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Not my patch

The Humax website should show a dealer chain for the UK

They may charge though so ask for the costs beforehand

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Tigy

I have a feeling that the software can be upgraded Box to Box, so if you find someone who has already had the upgrade, you might be able to do it that way.

Regards

W. Hole