F3S or F5S ???????????

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
I am a total newbie as far as these types of receivers are concerned. I am going to take the plunge and get one or other of F3s or F5s, but I don't know what the differences are so I am looking for you good souls to correctly direct me. ANY guidance whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
They both have good quality Sharp Tuners (That's the "s" bit of the Model Descriptor).

Other than that, AFAIK the differences between F3 and F5 Models seems to be chiefly in the cosmetic and connectivity departments. Certainly they use identical Firmware.

Most Ads on eBay, Site Sponsors etc contain detailed Specs and lots of Pics.

F5 has SCART, for example, whereas F3 doesn't.

Also, some don't like the fact that the F3 USB slot is on the front. Personally, I do like that feature.

tjl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Skybox F3
Panasonic LCD
My Location
Worcester.. England
I am a total newbie as far as these types of receivers are concerned. I am going to take the plunge and get one or other of F3s or F5s, but I don't know what the differences are so I am looking for you good souls to correctly direct me. ANY guidance whatsoever will be greatly appreciated.
This link will give you all you need to know re Specs for both and a few more
http://www.skybox.cc/pro.asp

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Thanks both I think I'll opt for the F5s as it looks better and my wife told me to

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
My skybox f3s will not move the motor correctly, but it not a problem to me as I use another box for positioning, all in all I find it a good box :-).