Famaval 3.1 m with wings any exp.

donald1209

Reaction score
My Location
South-east of Poland
Halo everyone.
Has anybody any experience with Famaval prime focus 3.1 m dish ( with wings ). I intend to buy the second hand one for receiving Astra 2D. I’m living in south-east of Poland and it’s quite a windy area.
Rgds Kris

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
donald1209 said:
Halo everyone.
Has anybody any experience with Famaval prime focus 3.1 m dish ( with wings ). I intend to buy the second hand one for receiving Astra 2D. I’m living in south-east of Poland and it’s quite a windy area.
Rgds Kris

Hello Donald,
Here in Cyprus I use a 2.4m Famaval, fitted with a single output Invacom
0.3 dB, with wings it would be 3.1m so I assume your dish is the same. I get all 2A/2B channels on it but not 2D due to location of Cyprus. For 2D requires at least a 4m dish. Anyway it is on a 2 storey building exposed 360 Deg and clear of other buildings, on a hillside - STRONG winds at times. It is very rigid in all adverse conditions with no problems, reception 24/7 (except in heavy rainstorms), I can fully recommend this type of dish, it has been up since September 2003.
Good Luck,
Geoff

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
the famaval is a very good dish,but the biggest size they make is 2.4.the extensions/wings make it a 3.1 and with an invacom quad lnb makes a great improvement on the signal.on the western side of Cyprus bbc is received all day,but the extensions are make the dish move about in strong winds so you would have to make extra stabilisers to hold down the dish from each side.If you are buying the dish second hand,examine it before it is dismantled to make sure it is not deformed and all the eight panels are joined smoothly edge to edge so that it is perfectly round( they bend easily)I saw a an extended dish distorted from strong winds and it could not receive ch4 or movies, and when you dismantle make sure you put the panels in the same order(number them)Try and set it to 2D before you buy to see if it does work.

donald1209

Reaction score
My Location
South-east of Poland
geoffreys said:
Hello Donald,
Here in Cyprus I use a 2.4m Famaval, fitted with a single output Invacom
0.3 dB, with wings it would be 3.1m so I assume your dish is the same. I get all 2A/2B channels on it but not 2D due to location of Cyprus. For 2D requires at least a 4m dish. Anyway it is on a 2 storey building exposed 360 Deg and clear of other buildings, on a hillside - STRONG winds at times. It is very rigid in all adverse conditions with no problems, reception 24/7 (except in heavy rainstorms), I can fully recommend this type of dish, it has been up since September 2003.
Good Luck,
Geoff

Thanks for prompt reply. Now we have very strong winter in this part of Poland (to minus 23 C deg ) so I got to wait with buing.
Rgds Kris

donald1209

Reaction score
My Location
South-east of Poland
zorba said:
the famaval is a very good dish,but the biggest size they make is 2.4.the extensions/wings make it a 3.1 and with an invacom quad lnb makes a great improvement on the signal.on the western side of Cyprus bbc is received all day,but the extensions are make the dish move about in strong winds so you would have to make extra stabilisers to hold down the dish from each side.If you are buying the dish second hand,examine it before it is dismantled to make sure it is not deformed and all the eight panels are joined smoothly edge to edge so that it is perfectly round( they bend easily)I saw a an extended dish distorted from strong winds and it could not receive ch4 or movies, and when you dismantle make sure you put the panels in the same order(number them)Try and set it to 2D before you buy to see if it does work.
Hi Zorba. Thanks for your very interesting advices. I'll do this, but in a few weeks ( horrible weather).
Thanks Kris