Fantasy Formula 1 league - season 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
Changes to race weekend schedule for 2022:

Typical schedule, local circuit time:
Friday
13:00-14:30 – FP1
17:00-18:30 – FP2

Saturday
12:00-13:00 – FP3
15:00-16:00 – Qualifying

Sunday
15:00 – Race

3pm race start means less chance of starting races delayed by rain :-doh

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
They should be concentrating on rule changes for the forthcoming season rather than trying to tweak the existing working time format, people (as in audiences and fans)are so unhappy about the Massi incident, just like the F1 teams they want to see wholesale rule changes not tweaking start times, otherwise, it will be too little too late.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
A rule forcing them to follow their own rules would be a good start :lol:

My rule changes would be:

1. Flexible start times when bad weather is known to be coming, if they know it's going to rain in the afternoon, race in the morning, or delay until the next day.

2. Full time professional marshals that do all the races. The richest motorsport in the world still relies on volunteer marshalling and it's a joke.

3. Same stewards for every race. Consistent application of the rules is a must.

4. No free pitstops under VSC, time should be added to the stop, similar to how 5 second penalties are currently applied.

5. No tyre changes under red flag conditions.

6. Pit Lane closed when then safety car is called, only opens when all cars have joined the safety car queue. Or close the pit lane completely and make cars open up the same gaps as before the safety car before they get the green flag. This can be done with the same system VSC uses.

7. Standardised parts to reduce costs - safety structures of the car, gearbox, drivetrain, hybrid systems.

8. No fuel flow limits, everyone starts with the same amount. This would allow fuel to saved and used later in the race to attack.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
9. Free To Air, globally.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
How did I miss that :-doh :-doh :-doh

10. No celebrities aimlessly wandering around the the grid. They are also banned from hanging around the pit box and waving the chequered flag.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
9. Free To Air, globally.
Since it hasn't been FTA I've barely watched it and if I'm honest, have lost interest in it, hence me no longer doing this fantasy league. Has been similar with football, I'm a season ticket at Reading FC (for my sins) and got used to not going during covid restrictions, with not watching the televised matches, as no longer have Sky or virgin, so have only been to three matches since it returned.

Last edited:

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I've become disenchanted with F1 over recent years. If I do follow a race it's through the BBC web page, which funnily can be more exciting as you have no visual or audible clues as to what's happening.

Being a Newcastle supporter has been "problematical" recently and living in France really prohibits attendance at home games. Again I try to follow the games via the BBC, waiting with a feeling of dread for the text to reveal the opposition scoring the winning goal in the 89th minute. Friends here do go to Rennes (4th in Ligue 1) home matches, though the evening matches don't finish till late and there would be a 90 minute drive home after, which in the Winter would test my enthusiasm to the hilt.

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Lherty Media have their heads so far up their own ar5e5 they are saying if there was a successful Yank driver in F1 there could/should be up to 6 US races. :-doh
This track in LA looks like a good candidate:
:-rofl2

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South Durham
Status
Not open for further replies.