Faq

PLEKTRUM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
ENGLAND
Hey guys. I'm really sorry if this is an FAQ but I'm sick of trawling the net looking for info so if someone could set me straight id really appreciate it.

I have heard tale of these dreamboxs and seen them listed on e-bay.

my question is. do they as one might think get you free full access to UK digital satellite?... You know the one i mean.... or is a load of extra work/equipment required?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could set me straight. cheers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Only by joining a card sharing server, some are subscription, some you need to bring another provider card to the party, you will be lucky to find a free one which stays up for very long.

Moved this to an appropriate section.

PLEKTRUM

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
NONE
My Location
ENGLAND
right... so these people who say they have a box they bought which gets them free sky. will be one of these systems pre set up by someone?
will they eventually expire?
I just want to buy something i can plug in and it works :'(

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hi Plek, welcome to the forum.
Nothing will get you free Sky TV, if this is what you are looking for. The only way is to either buy a subscription, or a card sharing ring _(which also costs as you got to bring something to the group). There are some packages which are open, but that changes all the time. The Dreambox is a fine receiver, and you can watch all the opend stuff, but it will require setting it up and keeping it maintained - for this read the Idiot Guide.
And finally- you will have to do some reading in the forum, nobody is going to spoonfeed you all the info, especially if this is eay to find info.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
PLEKTRUM said:
right... so these people who say they have a box they bought which gets them free sky. will be one of these systems pre set up by someone?
will they eventually expire?
I just want to buy something i can plug in and it works :'(

You also have to bear in mind that many people who say they have Sky, do not receive the signal from a dish, it is c a b l e tv and not Sky at all , we don't allow disussion of that on the forum though.