Faulty Satellite Meter: SatLink WS-6933

Cornflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 85 SE, Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP
My Location
Germany
Hello,

I bought a Sat Meter (SatLink WS-6933) a few month ago and used it a couple of times without any problems. Now it seems to be faulty and I wonder if it's a hardware or a software problem?

I don't remember the normal boot routine, but when I switch the device on, it shows a white screen, all LEDs except 'Charge' light up and the 7-digit display for signal quality shows '88'. About 3 seconds later the screen turns black for a moment and then turns white. At this time only the LEDs 'Power' and '18V' are still light up and the 7-digit display shows "--". The device remains in this state. I can switch on/off the integrated torch. Charging does not help.

Any ideas what causes this error pattern?

Thank you very much and best regards,
Cornflower

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What assistance have you had from the supplier ?

michael-elise

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +.
80cm ISS dish with a manhattan diseq motor 1.2 and a diseqc 1.2 mp01 mini positioner motorised dish install.
Freesat panasonic G10B TV.
My Location
Hertford
Hi Cornflower, I have the same model and I have had issues with mine as well. I did not have the same problem as you but I played around with the settings turning things on and off, changing settings and then it worked and still works. If you can get in to any screen once turned on then try turning things on and off and see if this sorts it out. I have never updated mine as I could never find any support apart from paying for newer software. Sorry I can’t help anymore than that. Regards Michael

ozumo

te wo tsuite
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Raven mk2 zone 2 x4, Channel Master: 90cm x3, 1.2m x2, 1.8m PF. CM polar mount x2, Az/El x3.
My Location
South Durham
I have this meter, quite a few years old now and from before they added a compass. The battery lasts about 5 minutes these days but otherwise no issues. Anyway it came with a CD with software (I think) to edit the database, did yours come with it and if so does it respond when the meter is connected?

michael-elise

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky +.
80cm ISS dish with a manhattan diseq motor 1.2 and a diseqc 1.2 mp01 mini positioner motorised dish install.
Freesat panasonic G10B TV.
My Location
Hertford
I have this meter, quite a few years old now and from before they added a compass. The battery lasts about 5 minutes these days but otherwise no issues. Anyway it came with a CD with software (I think) to edit the database, did yours come with it and if so does it respond when the meter is connected?
Hi Ozumo mine came with the cd but it is a mini cd and don’t know how to use it in a normal CD player. Okay I have a Mac mini with a separate cd drive so I would need a laptop to use this. Just googled it.

Manikm909

Small'ish Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.8M on Edision MIO 4K & GTMEDIA Combo, and CM1.2M on Octagon SF8008
My Location
Kent, UK
a mini cd still goes in a normal cd player (cd-dvd rom) u will notice a slight recess in the tray

i have no clue #just saying re the cd

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
I don't know that meter, but if you have such user guide, I suggest to look for any possible hardware factory reset. If you can find such feature try it, could work.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
With lack of use the batteries in those meters deeply discharge and struggle to take a proper charge again. You could try a couple of charge/discharge cycles and see if that replenishes them.

I remember they sold spare battery packs at one stage but would it be worth buying one. What’s it like working directly off mains.

Cornflower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP 85 SE, Inverto IDLB-QUDL42-UNI2L-1PP
My Location
Germany
What assistance have you had from the supplier ?

No support until now, since it's weekend here. I was just curious and hoped that maybe a firmware file on a USB stick may fix this issue. :)

If you can get in to any screen once turned on then try turning things on and off and see if this sorts it out.

I just see a white screen, so I tried to navigate blindly and it seems that the device is working in the background, because I could toggle 13V/18V LEDs with polarization settings or even save the key beep settings before switching device off/on.

My device has a compass but there was no CD included in the delivery.

I don't know that meter, but if you have such user guide, I suggest to look for any possible hardware factory reset. If you can find such feature try it, could work.

I can't find such a feature.

Thanks a lot again to all of you for your help.