Favourites with Google Chrome...

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Any Google Chrome users?.....I've been moving a folder in my favourites (using 'bookmark manger') but when I close the browser and then reopen it the folder reverts to it's original position. Any ideas?...I have a sinking feeling, it's something to do with syncing but not sure how to go about that....

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I use Chrome, have it set to sync via my Google plus account, just tested moving a folder in Chrome on one PC and it's now moved on the other, so doing what it should do.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Depends how it is set up Pete, more than likely you need to alter settings , advanced sync settings, tick what you want to sync perhaps also you are not logged in on the browser on that pc

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
Thanks both of you for the advice. I believe I've solved it. Some time back, someone in China tried to get into my Google account and I had to change my password. Despite logging in and out of Google I've now found I've had to disconnect totally from Google and sign in again. That seems to have cleared the problem and I can edit bookmarks which stay where I put them when I close and the reopen my browser...