FEC - parameter not added in Installation

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi , ppl there are now many satellite receivers at the installation section there is no FEC paramter , only Frequency , S/R , Polarity and when you do Auto search prgramming the receiver will search all the transponders with FEC = 3/4 only but all transponsers with FEC = 1/2 , 2/3 , 5/6 and 7/8 wil not searched , then trying to program them manually there is no field for FEC to in put the value for FEC . Any though you would have be greatly appreciated . Best Regards .

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I do not think you are correct there al_madhi
Most certainly it may depend upon what receiver you are using and we cannot know that becuase you have not filled in any details on your equipment profile but my receiver certainly searches for all standard FEC values when doing a full search. What makes you think it does not..?whatever it is...:rolleyes:

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
toppervte33h said:
I do not think you are correct there al_madhi
Most certainly it may depend upon what receiver you are using and we cannot know that becuase you have not filled in any details on your equipment profile but my receiver certainly searches for all standard FEC values when doing a full search. What makes you think it does not..?whatever it is...:rolleyes:

Thanks toppervte33h for reply

What makes me think it does not , because When I programm the other receiver which have FEC field in the installation section it programm all the transponders what ever their FECs

Best Regards

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
So on the unknown receiver what are the options available Auto and ????
If set to auto I would expect it to search all FEC values not just one.

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
toppervte33h said:
So on the unknown receiver what are the options available Auto and ????
If set to auto I would expect it to search all FEC values not just one.

Thanks again toppervte33h for reply

The unknown receiver is Kaon Kvr 1000 with FEC field in the installation when I set to auto search to search for all transponders what ever their FEC values for all satellites . in auto search including all channels ( FTA,scrambled , Data ) . FEC = Auto . which means ( 1/2 , 2/3 , 3/4 , 5/6 , 7/8 ) .