Fed up of DRIVECLEANER adware

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I have used every spyware killer and adware killer, every firewall going to stop DRIVECLEANER getting into my computer but it always gets in.

It's not on my main pc but it's in the one I use downstairs. I can avoid it if I use Opera, but on Windows Explorer it has a grip. :mad:

Does anyone know what software will kill this thing off. It's so annoying I could shoot the bloke who devised it. :mad:

But I won't. ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
Thanks very much. :D :)

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
Saturlight said:
Thanks very much. :D :)

I am also fed up with these things, did you use the manual method. I couldn't decide if Spyhunter was one of the fake programs :confused

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The problem with these bits of software is that they can re-spawn themselves on next boot even if you think you have removed them. Missed dll files run on bootup and put the programme back again

A warning - take backup of any important data / photo files if you use the manual method - buggering around with the registry is a quick way to wreck the operating system if you delete the wrong line!

Be aware that system restore will be infected as well so if you have to run restore you will reinfect the computer!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Spybot Search and Destroy isn't too impresssed with Spyhunter (and the free version does not remove entries, only point you in the direction of the issues.)

Attachments

• SpybotSD.Results.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 39

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
johnsattuk said:
I am also fed up with these things, did you use the manual method. I couldn't decide if Spyhunter was one of the fake programs :confused

I think you have a point. I installed Spyhunter and was plagued with yet more spyware. One of which changed my Windows XP password! :eek:!

I tried desperately to get rid of all the sh** coming in thick and fast, I quickly shifted my files onto my mobie HD, and switched off the pc. Couldn't log on because password was changed. :mad:

I decided to re-format the hard disk and re-install Windows XP.

Cured. Sometimes it's the only solution. :D