feedhorn question

Likvid

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
Stockholm, Sweden
Remove, the focal spot is about 2-3mm inside the throat.

Want a tip?

Buy one of those metal tape measures in hardware store and cut it to the exact length your focal distance should be for your dish.

Use that to place between the feedhorn and the center of the dish, adjust feedhorn!

Add 2-3mm when you are cutting it to the desired length.

That is the professional way of setting the correct focal distance;)

bodge

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Likvid said:
Remove, the focal spot is about 2-3mm inside the throat.

Want a tip?

Buy one of those metal tape measures in hardware store and cut it to the exact length your focal distance should be for your dish.

Use that to place between the feedhorn and the center of the dish, adjust feedhorn!

Add 2-3mm when you are cutting it to the desired length.

That is the professional way of setting the correct focal distance;)

You may remember Likvid that I wrote to you privately in February about the 2.4 m dish I had picked up second hand. I'm now only days away from trying it out.I measured the distance from the centre of the dish to the old C Band feedhorn and am using that measurement as a aguide.

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
bodge said:
You may remember Likvid that I wrote to you privately in February about the 2.4 m dish I had picked up second hand. I'm now only days away from trying it out.I measured the distance from the centre of the dish to the old C Band feedhorn and am using that measurement as a aguide.

On my dish I've got an LNB and that's about it. As a partial newbee, what's a feedhorn? I know this is a bit of a thread hijack, but as soon as I know I'll shut up :)

dardachat5

Reaction score
The entrance to the feedhorn on the Universal feedhorn Kit for
Prime Focus dishes product at the bottom of this page is covered by a plastic film. To obtain best results should it be removed or stay in place ?
This plastic film is designed for the purpose of protection i.e. from moisture and dust and any other harmful substance.Removing of this film should in a way or other improve your reception and strenghten your signal.