Fenrir-1-05.2 RAR file question

AndreB

Reaction score
After looking at many DVB forums yours is the finest ( so I joined). I am an ultra newbee just setting up my software and I hope my question is not to lame.I run XP and I successfully loaded ProgDVB 4.38.6 and then successfully loaded Yankse-1-22.2-TT as a plug in into the ProgDVB directory.
I then went back to the "yankse.dvbnetwork.com" website ( where I got the Yankse files) and downloaded "Fenrir-1-05.1", after viewing the readme file it said to find and install a file called DECaid1800 ( not included in the file). I did a Google search and came up with " dvbsoft.net" and proceeded to download "Fenrir-1-05.2 w/DECaid1800"
My question is when "Fenrir-1-05.2 w/DECaid1800" was downloaded to my desktop it was not compressed and was a RAR file that I was unable to expand or view any read me files. Do I simply move this file into the "ProgDVB" file to initiate the "Fenrir" plug in?
I did an archive search to find out about RAR files so I would not waste any of your time but came up with no hits.
BTW I may be premature in all this, I have ordered my Nexus-S and won't recive it for about a week, so I have been physically installing the dish and getting aquinted with the software since I understand it's the tricky part.
Thanks in advance for any help

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Andre

I think you are asking about files with the extension .rar

These are simillar to .zip files in that they contain data which has been compressed.

You can download a programme which will 'expand' .rar files here:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

This should enable you to access the file you are looking for.

Hope this makes sense, but if not come back again and ask.

Kind regards

W. Hole

AndreB

Reaction score
Thank you very much w hole,
I guess Windows XP did not recognise the .rar and I was not any smarter. I used the program your link lead me to, to decompressed all the files into a sub folder I created in the " ProgDVB" folder. I guess that was correct. Do you know the purpose of the DECaid1800 file?
Andre

Maurice1

Reaction score
My Location
DUblin
Does anyone know of a free programme to unzip these .RAR files as the link above only has trial versions?

Maurice