Few DB gemini questions, emu, keys and subtitles

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Teesside (North East England)
Hi i have been using the DB DM500 for about 5months now and after about 2 weeks i used the latest gemini image along with MGcamd-123 and Satan and i update the files everytime i need to but i have a few questions.

It's not that i'm bored it's that i'm wondering if theres much more i can explore or have i reached my limit now?

Do all software cams act in the same sort of way?

Will other key bundles i see lurking around offer the same sort of channels available or will they be different? if so which other channels will i be able to get which i cannot pick up with satan?

I know that keys change from day to day and depending on whats available depends what channels you can get, e.g. some days i cannot get anything from C+, just somebody try and clear this one up for me :)

I also know that on Gemini you can run i think its 6 different cams so if others operate different then that would be a help knowing which others are worth having.

And my last questions is this, is the no way i can turn subtitles off from foreign programs? i dont think they is but i thought i may aswell ask.

Just when watching fox on astra or hispa it does get annoying at times.

thanks

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Sharkadder said:
And my last questions is this, is the no way i can turn subtitles off from foreign programs? i dont think they is but i thought i may aswell ask.

Just when watching fox on astra or hispa it does get annoying at times.

thanks

If the subtitles are embedded, then you can't.

You should thank them for having subtitles instead of dubbing.
This way you get to listen to the original audio.

ksada2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500s connected to wireless router. 60cm dish with Moteck motor.
My Location
Netherlands
Hi,

The different CAMs don't all work in the same way. I used to use MGCamd but I read that EVOCamd offers a few more channels on 13E, I think namely AB Moteurs. If you have a Freeview card, then you also need Newcamd to unlock channel 4,5, and Sky3.

Different key files also vary in what they can do for you. Satan is good, but Satfreaks gives one or two more channels (VH1 on 19.2E), and generally they update more quickly also.

Not sure about the C+ one! I find the same.

I guess you're using a motor with your DM500. I use the same receiver myself along with a Moteck 2100A and find that it fairly often "forgets" to move the dish. Do you have the same problem?

I'm using the satellites: 28.2E, 19.2E, 13E and 30W. Am I missing any other gems?

Cheers.

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD PVR+DVD, 80cm Dish, 1.2 Compatible Motor, Quad LNB, Samsung 22" 1080p HD TV/monitor, Yamaha RX-V765 Amplifier, Tannoy Mercury FC Centre Speaker, 2 x Tannoy F1 Custom Speakers, 2 x Tannoy FR Custom Speakers, EPOS ELS Sub Woofer
My Location
Ksada2 yeah i do have that problem as it happens lol the dish doesnt always turn when i want it to or if i turn the DB off at the mains and start it up again it always wants to go back to 19.2 for some strange reason. So sometimes you have to move it manually in the menu or if that doesnt work wait a few mins and try again. sometimes "go to 0" sorts it out ;).

Yeah C+ is abit random for satan it is 1 of them where its luck if you get it unlike something like premiere sport portal which i love on a weekend hehehehe.

so if i get satfreaks will this have everything satan has in but abit extra or not? can i use both at the same time? if so great.

And yeah them sats are the gems i find too, 30 west is like a goldmine, 19.2 is ok, 28.8 FTA only really and 13E just the odd bits and bobs really.

As for channel 4, 5 and sky 3 i hear that channel 4's contract with sky runs out next year and apparently they arnt going to sign a new one, because of the analogue getting switched off i hear they are just going to put the signal clear.

Just from what i heard mind, but yeah nice views there and i think if i remember i can sometimes get VH1 on 19.2 with satan, just depends really, its random from day to day.

I was just curious if i've just about reached my limit that's all

ksada2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands
Hi,
No the keys write over eachother, so you can't use both at once. As far as I know the satfreaks one has everything that Satan does, but I can't promise.
Check it out cos if you don't like it you just put the Satan one back on again and there's nothing lost. Let me know what you think of it ;-)

About the returning to 19.2 when you restart the box, that sounds like you chose one of the channels on there as a startup channel... I did that once and regretted it. Only way out of that is a reimage :-(

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
na i'll just leave it then lol, it doesnt always go back to 19.2 anyways, someitmes the motor just doesnt feel like moving and remains on 28.8.

I'm not going to put gemini back on just to go through all the scanning again, although i tried scanning 10 and 16 east the other day in between hotbird and it turned out i was still locked onto hotbird so them 2 sats brought hotbird channels up and then i deleted the sat the dish moved to 0 i think lol, i dunno bizzare but i'll sort it one time.

Yeah so i guess the only other thing i could really look into is card sharing although i don't have a subscribed card but i'm sure like most thing's theres ways to get an already subscribed card and keep the card running without subscription ;)......worlds your oyster.

ksada2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Netherlands
My parents have the same set up as you and I, only they have a different LNB to mine, and theirs never fails to move! Then we fitted a Quad LNB so that they could have multiple receivers and the motor hardly ever wanted to move. Swapped it back and it was fine again. So it may have something to do with the power consumption of specific LNBs.
I know that some receivers can increase their LNB output, but I'm not sure that the dreambox can, do you know?

Sharkadder

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
i've not heard that one before but it look's like i'm sticking with what i have for now.

My older brother will need digital tv once the analogue signal gets turned off over here in the uk but i heard i wont be able to do that with my set up because of the frequency having to be the same in order for it to work.

I got told to fit multiple lnb's but i don't need that sort of set up, if he want's it he can pay for it, i did do that i'd probs have them on 28.8 east, 19.2 east, 13 east and 30 west.

I've not looked into connection to internet all the time on mine as my router is downstairs but that will be my next thing i look into, hooking it up to some server for auto updates/ get keys or decryption from other people so i get more channels.

p.s. my lnb is one which came with the porty kit i first bought from lidl lol well my mam bought me it for my birthday just gone, i sold it but the technomate-d lnb i bought didnt arrive ontime when the sat guy came so he just used the lidl lnb and the technomate one got sold with the porty which got sold on ebay.

For a cheapo its done a nice job, just i have problems getting 10,16,36 and 42 east which im meant to be able to get, although the sat guy did say the eastern ones he was having a few probs with when he set it up. It could be the lnb im not sure but i'm meant to get them sats.