Fifa man opposes England 2018 bid

The Feedster

Premium Member
Reaction score
From the BBC News Desk

Fifa vice-president Jack Warner says he will battle to stop England hosting the 2018 World Cup.

His decision will be a blow to the Football Association, who were likely to plan a bid on the back of any change to the current selection procedures.

"If the World Cup were to go to Europe, I'm quite sure, with the English luck as it is, they won't get it," Warner told BBC World Service.

"There are moves to give it to England. I must fight that."

Warner, a member of the world football body's executive committee since 1983, added: "It will be Italy, Spain, or even France who will get the World Cup if it goes to Europe.

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

FA chief executive Brian Barwick told BBC Radio Five Live he was "disappointed" by Warner's remarks.

More...

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I found these remarks amazing coming from the vice president of FIFA.

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Warner can go to hell! If we get 2018, we should invite him as guest of honour to the Opening Game at Wembley so the whole crowd can chant at him :D

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I'm surprised that is still involved with FIFA, as his business dealings do not survive close scrutiny

Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:42 PM Trinidad and Tobago

FIFA, the world governing body for football, continues to distance itself from the business dealings of its own vice-president and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (T&TFF) special advisor Jack Warner after revealing that Simpaul's Travel Company's 2006 World Cup ticket package was improper according to its guidelines.

More

He also bears a disconcerting similarity in appearance to Robert Mugabe, Spooky. :eek: :-lmao

Attachments

• Jack Warner.jpg
    Jack Warner.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 18
  • _643737_mugabe300.jpg
    _643737_mugabe300.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 16