Films on Canal+ Film 1 & 2 / 18th November

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Films on Canal+ Film 1 & 2 / 18th November

Please check times + or - for your country (English films only)

Thursday 18th November

Canal Digital on Thor 2/3 at 1.0W

11278V SYM:24500 FEC 7/8

--------------------------------------------------------------

Canal+ Film1

One and Only, The

12:20 The One and Only / Comedy / 2002 / Justine Waddell, Richard Roxburgh and Jonathan Cake. Directed by Simon Cellan Jones.

When Stevie meets Neil on the day he comes to deliver her brand new kitchen, it's already too late for love at first sight. Too late for both of them. Stevie is already five minutes pregnant by her Spanish footballer husband. And too late for Neil too - his wife Jenny has already applied to adopt an African girl. But too late or otherwise, love at first sight is exactly what happens. How can Neil and Stevie get out of their mistaken marriages and into each others arms?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Star Trek: Nemesis

13:50 Star Trek: Nemesis 11 y/o / Thriller / 2002 / Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes and Brent Spiner. Directed by Stuart Baird.

The crew of the Enterprise (Picard and company) find themselves on planet Romulus and eventually discover a threat to the Earth. At the same time, there are rumors that the Romulans are ready to begin peace talks with the Federation.

Old School

17:30 Old School 15 y/o / Comedy / 2003 / Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. Directed by Todd Phillips.

Mitch, Frank and Beanie are disillusioned with their personal lives begining when Mitch's nymphomanic girlfriend, Heidi, cheats on him, then former party animal Frank gets married, but unwilling to get go of his wild life, and Beanie is a family man seeking to reclaim his wild and crazy youth. Beanie suggests that they form their own fraternity in Mitch's new house on a college campus to re-live their glory days by bringing tandether a variety of misfit college students, losers, middle-aged and elderly retirees as their new friends and later try to avoid being evicted by the new Dean of Students, Pritchard, whom still holds a personal grudge against all three of them.

Gaudi Afternoon

19:00 Gaudi Afternoon 15 y/o / Comedy / 2001 / Judy Davis, Marcia mature content Harden and Lili Taylor. Directed by Susan Seidelman.

Cassandra, a solitary writer in Barcelona (a US ex-pat) gets a call for help from a stranger - a stylish woman named Frankie - who wants Cassandra to find her husband, so he can sign some important papers. Nothing Frankie says is true: the husband turns out to be a woman, the issue isn't legal papers but a child's custody, and even Frankie's most obvious identity, in red cape and red pumps, is a false front. But Cassandra keeps at it, at first to earn her promised fee, and then to help Frankie, then Frankie's ex, then the child. Along the way, this solitary and somewhat disconnected and bewildered writer frees herself to finish a novel and re-establish a broken relationship.

Spun

23:00 Spun 15 y/o / Comedy / 2002 / Jason Schwartzman, Mickey Rourke and Brittany Murphy. Directed by Jonas Åkerlund.

An out-of-control speed freak (Schwartzman) is introduced his drug of choice's creator (Rourke) by his dealer (Leguizamo). A massive three-day adventure ensues (with Fugit, Murphy, and Suvari in tow).

Canal+ Film2

Secretary

14:25 Secretary 15 y/o / Comedy 2002 / James Spader, Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jeremy Davies. Directed by Steven Shainberg.

Lee Holloway is a smart, quirky woman in her twenties who returns to her hometown in Florida after a brief stay in a mental hospital. In search of relief from herself and her oppressive childhood environment, she starts to date a nerdy friend from high school and takes a job as a secretary in a local law firm, soon developing an obsessive crush on her older boss, Mr. Grey. Through their increasingly bizarre relationship, Lee follows her deepest longings to the heights of masochism and finally to a place of self-affirmation.

Super Troopers

16:15 Super Troopers 15 y/o / Comedy / 2001 / mixed language / André Vippolis, Joey Kern and Geoffrey Arend. Directed by Jay Chandrasekhar.

Thorny, Mac, Rabbit, Foster and Farva are Vermont state troopers out to have a good time. Stationed in a remote area near the Canadian border, the troopers, avid pranksters with an affinity for syrup, have a knack for screwing up on the job. But when budget cuts in the town of Spurbury threaten their livelihood and pit them against arch-rival Spurbury P.D., the five friends try to straighten up and fly right. That is, until a dead body is discovered and a possible drug ring is unearthed. The super troopers spring into action attempting to solve the crime, save their jobs, and outdo the local police department.

Jason X

17:55 Jason X 15 y/o / Action / Horror / Sci-Fi / Thriller / 2001 / Kane Hodder, Lexa Doig and Chuck Campbell. Directed by James Isaac.

Set way in the future, Earth is no longer inhabitable, so humans have colonized in outer space. One colony receives two cryandenically frozen bodies, and when they defrost them, one of the bodies turns out to be.....who else? Jason Voorhees. No longer in the forest or Camp Crystal Lake, Jason stalks the colonists in a whole new environment.

They

20:00 They 11 y/o / Horror / Thriller / 2002 / Laura Regan, Marc Blucas and Ethan Embry. Directed by Robert Harmon.

After witnessing a horrific and traumatic event, Julia Lund (Laura Regan), a graduate student in psycholandy, gradually comes to the realization that everything which scared her as a child could be real. And what's worse, it might be coming back to get her...

Regards Satdude. :D

skyscanner

Reaction score
Hi Satdude - I'd like to chat with you in private - can't seem to get into your message area. Can you email me, please ?

skyscanner**at**eircom.net

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
@skyscanner

You can Pm again now m8 I shut it down, because of too many questions on encryption e.t.c.

Regards Satdude. :cool:

skyscanner

Reaction score
SATDUDE said:
@skyscanner

You can Pm again now m8 I shut it down, because of too many questions on encryption e.t.c.

Regards Satdude. :cool:
No, its still not working - when I click on 'send personal message', I just get this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. You have not yet completed the signup process fully, You would have received an email in your inbox during signup. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can use some features.
  2. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user:skyscanner Log Out

Regards, SkyScanner - also from the land of green.

Satdude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
N/A
My Location
Ireland
Send a Pm to one of the admin and they will sort it.

Regarding land of the green (I am in the UK at the moment, business) where we live is all mountain and bogs. (near Kenmare County Kerry)

Regards Satdude. :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
skyscanner said:
No, its still not working - when I click on 'send personal message', I just get this:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. You have not yet completed the signup process fully, You would have received an email in your inbox during signup. You MUST follow the link in that email before you can use some features.
  2. You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
  3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Logged in user:skyscanner Log Out

Regards, SkyScanner - also from the land of green.
You do not have enough posts to use the PM system.

skyscanner

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
You do not have enough posts to use the PM system.
Ooooooookay - thanks for the lowdown - I must have missed that in the FAQ somewhere. How many posts do I have to make before I can use PM-ing ??

SkyScanner, in Co.Sligo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You will need 10 posts or more, we set this rule to avoid members and mods like Satdude having to turn off their PM function, as they were being besieged with PMs, asking questions which should be asked in the forum so everyone can benefit.

It isn't in the FAQ, because all that would happen would be new members making 10 silly or meaningless posts, just so they could use the PM service.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, so go find 7 gags and get over to Wavey's Jokes forum!

Like your avatar BTW. Can I have it when you retire? :D

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..
Cool avatar indeed although I'm sure we would not want our dishes to be struck by ball lightning in reality though... :)

skyscanner

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL, so go find 7 gags and get over to Wavey's Jokes forum!

Like your avatar BTW. Can I have it when you retire? :D
Thanks for everyone's info, and the comments on my avatar. Yep, I'm quite pleased with it - I made it myself, using PaintShop Pro and CoffeeCup Animator. Basically, I found a suitable pic, colored and resized it, then added different sized sunbursts to the frames. CoffeeCup Animator can set different display times for each frame. The only difficult part was getting the filesize under 20k.

SkyScanner.

PS here's what my real setup looks like:

BigDish.jpg

3 fixed dishes for Astra 1, 2, and Hotbird, and a motorised 1.8m that needs a new feedhorn.