Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Had a card from Sky through the letterbox. Its offering 3 months half price upgrade to Sports & Movies for family pack subscribers.

Ring 08706 005 643 and quote "Half Term Sky Movies & Sky Sports Offer"

ends 31st March 07.

You will pay £32.25/m instead of £43.50/m and will stay on the full price cost at the end of 3 months UNLESS you cancel.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dunnoi why they keep sending me offers - when they ring me up Im not very polite about their extra offers :D

The last CS girl didnt know what to say to my reply that Sky had a special offer for me - I told her I hadnt the faintest interest in Premiership football or their movie repeat channels

:-rofl2

carleen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky digital panasonic dsb40
My Location
cyprus larnaca/xylotymbou
hi wonder if anyone could help me i am living in cyprus and am a subscriber to s*y. why cant we view our account online and register for the sky anytime on the pc? can anyone explain to me why it is a secret that we have it over here???

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I am not sure I am the best qualified to answer but I'll give it a go. What I can tell you is that you are not supposed to have it outside of the UK but Sky and other providers seem to tolerate it. To me it is just a load of politics and should IMHO be a matter of personal choice for anyone living withing the footprint. Sky customers only have to be able to circumvent the rules by using a family member who is still resident in the UK as the registration address or in the case of Viasat Sweden.
The reason you are not able to register on the Sky website is probably that your IP address uniquely identifies you as being from Cyprus (or certainly outside the UK) and thus you will prevented from registering on the UK only website for Sky Anytime.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yea, Sky buy the copyright to broadcast programmes and sport etc in the UK, therefore they have to keep up the appearance of only offering it to those in the UK.

But every subscriber abroad is another customer, so it seems unlikely that they would ever want to do anything to cut down the number of subscribers using cards abroad via a UK address.

As for Sky Anytime, I'm surprised they check the IP address, but if they do, then a UK proxy is probably your only option. However unless you know someone in the UK willing to set up a private one I doubt you will get a public free one that will work long enough to make it worthwhile.

If you try and view your account online or use Anytime what message do you get?

carleen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
it asks me to put my sky card number in when i do that it brings up message this number is invalid or already has a username for sky anywhere??????

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Do you subscribe directly to Sky with a UK address, or do it through an agent? If it's an agent it sounds like they are watching your Sky Anytime...

carleen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
yes its with an agent and i thought that as well i will get in contact with them and see whats going on, thanks for your help.