Filtergraph Issues? Blocky Slow Motion Picture............

pm1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC with Pinnacle PCTV SatCI. DVB Dream viewer. Moteck VboxII positioner. Alba H-H SA58 Motor. 90cm Prime Focus dish on home made adjustable pole. Invacom 0.3dB LNB. Apart from the LNB, all put together embarassingly cheaply mainly thanks to fleabay!
My Location
Hants by the sea PO14 3LT
Hi Guys,

Looking to pick your brains for some wisdom on PCI card / Computer issues please.

I have Prog DVB up and running ok. (including Sky Italia!....... great job guys!!!)

It's just that I'm not getting a smooth picture, It's blocky at times and goes into slow motion. What have I missed????

A Clue Maybe??

The funny thing is that ProgDVB is the only software that I can get to work....... DVB Dream and My Theatre and even Pinnacles own software all close themselves down at various points in the opening process. I think it may be connected to Filtergraphs as when I try changing these in My Theatre, the prog closes itself down every time.

The System;

Modern MB 2GHz Athlon, 512MB RAM, Matrox G550 graphics. Pinnacle Sat CI DVB card (Twinhan clone). 90cm prime focus dish with brand new Invacom 0.3dB LNB.

All the latest drivers, Direct Draw etc etc.

Cheers Guys

PM
smile.gif

P.S. When I monitor CPU usage, it runs at around 50 % generally but goes to 85% for short bursts.

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Spiderbox 9000HD, Super DARK MOTOR, 80cm Dish, SKY+ HD, HTPC w/7MC
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
signal quality & level?

pm1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC with Pinnacle PCTV SatCI. DVB Dream viewer. Moteck VboxII positioner. Alba H-H SA58 Motor. 90cm Prime Focus dish on home made adjustable pole. Invacom 0.3dB LNB. Apart from the LNB, all put together embarassingly cheaply mainly thanks to fleabay!
My Location
Doh!

Sorry, the signal quality and level are both around 70 to 80%.

Again, I was a little confused because when I replaced my no name LNB with the Invacom I pulled in about 3 times as many stations from hotbird as before. I expected that to be reflected in the signal strength and quality but it didn't; it remained the same as before???

The dish is on a fixed mount pointing at hotbird. I've got one of the in-line meters and I'm convinced that I can't tweak it anymore. The dish itself looks true and the prime focus mount looks as though it points at the centre of the dish, though that's difficult to judge accurately I admit.

Thanks for your interest!

PM

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
I have already posted a similar question about blocky picture on progdvb but didnt receive a reply :( and unfortunately i cannot help you as i am having the same problems including instability on mytheatre though i have got it running with pic etc just not very watchable and hangs for like 5 mins at a time, useless :(

i am now running dvb software on windows 2000 pro which is a lot more stable than 98 upgrade 2 in general but hasnt improved the dvb software picture or stability so its not an operating system problem i dont think.

There is a patch available for progdvb that is ment to fix this picture break up thing and blockyness, well the blockyness anyway, but i cannot find it as the link to the file at the time was not working. It was on one of thoses popular dvb card websites but i cant remember which. If anyone finds it could they post the link here please

pm1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Thanks for that Starman,

I think I have a deeper problem than just ProgDVB. There should be no earthly reason why I can't get MyTheatre and DVBDream running......... but I can't.......

I'll try and find the link as well........
PM

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
what drivers are you using?

try 4.28

pm1961

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Homerjay,

Is that that Skystar2 4.28 drivers from the ProgDVB homepage?

I thought my Pinnacle card was a twinhan clone, will this help me?

Cheers,

Paul

homerjay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Chorley, Lancs
oh sorry, dint notice that...lol

ive no experience of any twinhan versions...so thats me buggered...

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
pm1961 said:
Thanks for that Starman,

I think I have a deeper problem than just ProgDVB. There should be no earthly reason why I can't get MyTheatre and DVBDream running......... but I can't.......

I'll try and find the link as well........
PM

Ithink perhaps our pcs are just not powerful enough pm1961
i am using a pentium 3 450mhz with 640megs ram and a geforce t200 graphics card but i recon the processor just is not up to it. What is your pc specifications? maybe this is the problem. I just tried mytheatre v3.12 which seemed more stable at first but is now just doing the old crash routine again :( so im stuck unless i can fix progdvb blockness problem and jerky picture. dvbdream will not work for me in windows 2000, it doesnt have the win 2000 graphs and if i try to copy some across then it just crashes on me or doesnt recognise them. I think dvbdream looks quite nice though but xp operating system is just giving me problems at the moment.
anyone know of any other dvb programs we could try that are known to work with yanktze?

would still like to try dvbviewer (full version) but i cant get a hold of it to try without having to buy it first and there is not guarantee it will work. (technisat version i was provided with along with card is no good)

peter in the bus

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
KENT
@ STARMAN
Only a 450mhz processor?
You are lucky to get anything at all I would have thought....
I am using a PIII 933 mhz processor and it runs from between 60-90% most of the time with My Theatre....
Peter in the Bus

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
Yes but its quite a powerful chip the pentium 3 i think as it can run pretty much anything apart from the very latest games perhaps. I am upgrading shortly to athlon 64 bit so that should sort out just about every little processor hungry dvb software package out there :D

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
still cannot find the fix for blocky picture in progdvb, i seen it on a site once but link was down so its available somewhere, anyone help with a link?