Finally a good 5620 Image

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
All you guys know that I have been fighting with the images for the 5620 for some while now. I have tried all sorts of images from a variety of Forums and countries, and all had one or two basic flaws: Either they used to freeze all the time requiring reboots (which pi**ed me off) or they had issues with the EMU selection.

Some days ago a beta version of I-Have-A-Dreambox.com was posted, I tried it and it wasn't too good, but yesterday night Schaedelmeister posted there a fixed version, which I have been trying all morning. It uses two EMUS, sca.m & camd.3 which open everything I came across that needs to be open.
It does not freeze when fast zapping, even when zapping to a different sat (Motor).
The go to xx function does not work too well (like all the other images...), the sat positions have to be stored manually (which is a bit slow), but once in it works very well.

So all I can say if you want a stable no nonsence image for 5620 go for it.
Here is the part quote from the site:

Built in S*CAM (09.08.2004) which starts as standard und Camd*3.
Can be changed with the blue button.
These are opened with sca*m:
- Taquilla
- Full-X
- Multivision
- SF1 und SF2
- ORF

and with Camd*3:
- Taquilla
- Full-X
- Playboy TV
- Multivision
- SF1 und SF2
- ORF
- Polsat
- Dutch channels

Includes a settinglist Astra & Hotbird.
3 Games included, can be opened from the Dreambox,Games menu
Vier gewinnt
Packman
Lemminge

Language can be changed to English.
Made by the I-Have-A-Dreambox team:
* The Saint *
* Schaedelmeister *
* cocksy *
* Yeti *
* CooLbOy *
* franky *
*Bundy041*

To get it go to http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/database.php
If you do use it don't forget to post your thougths, problems and thanks here:
http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=4906&sid=

Happy Dreaming chaps!

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Hi M8,

Followed your link but could not find your recommended image. Could you also advise, I am using a tiger image but it does not decode anything other than the cr*p channels on Eurobird and Hotbird (My SNR 77%). Finally got my dreambox 5620s working but was disappointed to find the channels are black. Should I update the keys etc... I tried the hydra atlantis, which freezes and tigerskyitalia but they do not decode anything.

I am will be trying the new hydra olympia for dreambox 5620s and choose among the 3 images (Hydra, tiger and i have a dreambox).

Based on your post, I understand that only channels can be decoded, provided you use the proper scam emulator..

cheers..

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Had to register first and guess some of the German terms.

Could gain access to the download area and going to flash now.

Thanks.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Both Hydra Olympia and I have a dreambox images make my DM5620s freeze. The tiger image seems more stable, so I will stick with that for the time being.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Well, glad you found the download section.
I don't know what you are doing, but the IHaveADreambox image is the only one that does not freese at all...Especially the Olympia. But in any case, as long as you are happy with the Tiger.

Just a thought, I hope you downloaded the I-have-a-Dreambox-5620_EMU-Image_V0.2 as the first version was indeed freezing. Version 3 is basically ythe same but has a more complete satellites.xml file in it.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
T_G, could you please point me in the right direction on how to update the keys on my dreambox to decrypt some premium channels.

Cheers.

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
I flashed the I have a dream image again and it worked fine. Previously I did not flash erase (silly mistake).

I also noticed that there are no Keys but Sca"m and camd"3 instead in the plugins. Could a m8 enlighten me on these?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Well, I was just about to ask you if you did flash erase :D
Anyway, this image comes ready to go....if at the beginning of the viewing session you switch to camdd then all should be open before you r eyes.

On somne channels such as Polsat Sport or god forbid fullx you might need to wait for a while on the station, it will show up eventually.

If you got any issues - let me know. I am installing the version 3 now to check it out.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
cfphoenix said:
T_G, could you please point me in the right direction on how to update the keys on my dreambox to decrypt some premium channels.

Cheers.

If you ever install an image that needs keys updated, then I am happy to point you to my idiot guide, read about the AU key updater!!!

ide

Reaction score
hello I'm using dreambox 5620 but I have fullx 1 & full2 don't panic playboy all this channel isn't work so how todo ? thank you at advance

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
ide said:
hello I'm using dreambox 5620 but I have fullx 1 & full2 don't panic playboy all this channel isn't work so how todo ? thank you at advance

Hi there fellow dreamer

What image do you have? From when? Do the other channels work? Got to give me a bit more info...

TG