Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
Sky netgear wireless router
zoom gameport ethernet adapter
satankeybundle + autoupdater
My Location
UK
All,

After a month of reading posts on this board, asking stupid questions, buying equipment cheap on ebay, and waiting for the weather to change i finally installed my dish and recieved foreign channels. I would like to thank everyone here and i will post any new info i find out and any firmware updates i find for my reciever here. i have

Golden Interstar 8005CI
Interstar 0.3sb monoblock
SOme cheap 80cm dish.

i am curently pointing at hotbird and astra 19.2E and have been watching alot of football. I have a couple of questions to complete my installation if anyone can help.

the channels on hotbird are obviously in different languages to english and i have found that changing the APID gets them into english. this doesnt work for TPS Star and Multivison 8. is there anyway of getting the footy into english commentary?

The BBC channels on Astra 19.2E come as as being scrambled (encrpyted) is the right? is there no way of watching them?

thanks for all you help

Kebabino

stevo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreamboxhd 800 pvr
2 x dreambox 500s
globalstar-m6 free to air
1 metre dish
80cm dish
60 cm dish
all via diqsec switch.
My Location
england
kebabinho said:
All,

After a month of reading posts on this board, asking stupid questions, buying equipment cheap on ebay, and waiting for the weather to change i finally installed my dish and recieved foreign channels. I would like to thank everyone here and i will post any new info i find out and any firmware updates i find for my reciever here. i have

Golden Interstar 8005CI
Interstar 0.3sb monoblock
SOme cheap 80cm dish.

i am curently pointing at hotbird and astra 19.2E and have been watching alot of football. I have a couple of questions to complete my installation if anyone can help.

the channels on hotbird are obviously in different languages to english and i have found that changing the APID gets them into english. this doesnt work for TPS Star and Multivison 8. is there anyway of getting the footy into english commentary?

The BBC channels on Astra 19.2E come as as being scrambled (encrpyted) is the right? is there no way of watching them?

thanks for all you help

Kebabino
yes mate with some matches,they are also on radio 5 live,so turn the set down and the radio up:) sorted

regards stevo

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
is there anyway of getting the footy into english commentary?

Not unless they are transmitting an English audio subcarrier, not all do (deliberately so some would say).

Can't you get the BBC on 13E?

Oh and most importantly - Well done mate, :-band
It's worth it in the end as you now know:)

L

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
My Location
UK
I thought that wsa the only way to get commentry.

i can get BBC Prime and BBC World, but i want BBC1,2,3, and 4. they dont seem to be on hotbird and on astra it says they are encrypted.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
kebabinho said:
i want BBC1,2,3, and 4. they dont seem to be on hotbird and on astra it says they are encrypted.

They are on 28.2 deg East Free-to-air

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
kebabinho said:
I thought that wsa the only way to get commentry.

i can get BBC Prime and BBC World, but i want BBC1,2,3, and 4. they dont seem to be on hotbird and on astra it says they are encrypted.

Yes, Gameboy is right. No BBC1, 2, 3 on 19.2E.

TP$ carries no English commentary.

To be honest, I don't even notice it now. TP$ rocks. Excellent picture, plus on TP$ Star, totty at half-time too!

Welcome to the Bad-Boy Satellite Club.

You are a worthy member. :)

brewby

Reaction score
WELL DONE, do you know which cam your Interstar has? I have the same model and my cam is embedded. I can't get english commentry on the football either but sometimes if there are a few mates and some tinnies you don't need a commentry.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL, exactly, and you get to learn French for free!!!

When the opposing striker dives in your box, you'll find yourself shouting...

la m£rde de la tête!!!

kebabinho

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dreambox 500S
80cm dish
.2db lnb
Gemini 3.5
CCcam1.71
My Location
UK
ive been walking round with a smug grin on my face all weekend, cause my mate pays £40+ for Sly and he reckoned i would never get any footy!!

i used to have my box plugged into my other dish (sly) and thats why it was showing BBC 1 etc. i had forgotten to delete the channels. doh! im getting my sisters old sly box with card to watch the bbc channels and have as radio 5 commentary through my surround sound.

atleast i have changed the prima filla channels to english. school of rock in italian wasnt much fun.

do you find that the french commentators talk loads more then ours. what can they be talking about for 90 minutes! ours is just - gerrard to baros, GOAL! they have a 90 minute debate about it.

brewby - i dont have any cards or cams in it. i just update the firmware. it now does seca2. doesnt do tequilla anymore though. shame im a bit late for sky sports aswell.

i might put a pic of my setup in another forum. it looks a bit wierd cause the dish is on a 6 foot pole cause i couldnt be bothered sawing it. ive currently got 2000 channels off hotbird and astra, most of which i cant decrypt or i cant change to english. its gonna take ages to sort them out.

is there a program that you can download program schedules into? there was one called showcase i think but it didint do foreign channels.

A teacher friend of mine asked if i could tape some cartoons in german so she could use them in class (shes a german teacher) anybody any ideas which channel i should use.

cheers all

kebabinho

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
kebabinho said:
do you find that the french commentators talk loads more then ours. what can they be talking about for 90 minutes! ours is just - gerrard to baros, GOAL! they have a 90 minute debate about it.

LOL, yes, but they're not the worst. They even talk during the 1 minute silences on D£porte!

Don't think I've ever heard the words 'Baros' and 'goal' on any commentary though :p

kebabinho said:
A teacher friend of mine asked if i could tape some cartoons in german so she could use them in class (shes a german teacher) anybody any ideas which channel i should use.

I've got to say that this sounds like a really bad idea unless they are free to air, and/or you both like prison food... :)

T-E-E-N-A

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GBsat 2CI0,
80cm dish,
SG2100 motor,
Matrix reborn cam,
Cas 3 programmer
My Location
Northern Ireland
kebabinho said:

cheers all

kebabinho

Hiya Kebabinho, My nephew (6) and niece (9) are German, they absolutely love watching the Kinderkanal (KI.KA) (10714 H) on Astra 1 (19.2e). My daughter (10) who has picked up quite a bit of German watches this channel sometimes. I hope this helps.