Finally

Just ordered my motorised system and it will be delivered in the next couple of days. Details: Technomate 5500CIP, Triax 88cm dish with 0.3db Interstar LNB, Dragon Cam & Loader and an Ultimate Cam. As I will be fixing to a southerly wall that catches the best and worse of the weather, I'm also getting a heavy duty wall mount. All items from The Satellite Superstore.

Has anybody on this forum any experience fitting similar, and if so how long/difficult is it? I'm a pretty useful DIYer.

Local installer quoted £100

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
What motor have you bought Photoman?

Depending on the motor you are installing, you should be able to get the unit set up in a day.

Not sure, I assume that since it is a Triax dish the motor would be a heavy duty mother,
Doese Triax Polarmount with 10" actuater make any sense?

I do know that the supplier doesn't go much on Diseqc motors, so I doubt it will be one of them

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that we have a howto on installation of a polar mount and actuator, if not we have a couple or three very knowledgable guys on here to offer advice. :)

Thanks rolfw, I believe that the supplier sends a comprehensive manual with the kit and I think that there has been positive feedback on this forum to their after sales assistance.

I wont get a full day at it until the weekend, although I will probably start fitting the wall bracket before then (10 bolts) I just wont be able to sit looking at it in the box.

I have to buy a programmer for the Dragoncam. So that will keep me busy/frustrated for a while

Photoman said:
Just ordered my motorised system and it will be delivered in the next couple of days. Details: Technomate 5500CIP, Triax 88cm dish with 0.3db Interstar LNB, Dragon Cam & Loader and an Ultimate Cam. As I will be fixing to a southerly wall that catches the best and worse of the weather, I'm also getting a heavy duty wall mount. All items from The Satellite Superstore.

Has anybody on this forum any experience fitting similar, and if so how long/difficult is it? I'm a pretty useful DIYer.

Local installer quoted £100

Cheers
I've the same receiver,heavy duty wall mount 2 off 450mm stand off 3 band,50mm dia 2m pole(Satsuperstore)but I have 36V Geminai cx5000 H-H mount motor(recommended by which satellite) with Channel Master back plate as I've a 90cm C/M dish.I've purchased the motor from e-bay while ago.
I am not installing it as I do not like height specially roof level.Local installer charging £150.00 will be done soon & I am happy to pay .Hope he would do a good job.The chap said it would take about 1/2 day as I am running the cables for him from receiver to the loft.
Hope your installation will go smoothly.

ben