jennie1979

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500 receiver
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi.

How easy is it to find hispasat?

I need to kinda detach and re-attach my dish to get it, cos it doesn't swing around far enough at the moment I don't think.

But I am not so good at finding satellites, so I wondered how easy it is to get.

Thank you,
Jen.

j0hn000

Reaction score
Jennie,

have a look here:

http://www.analoguesat.co.uk/

to see what's broadcasting.

Maybe you can find a cheap ( < £20 ) analogue receiver, or maybe borrow one? There's no delay seeing the picture from analogue sat's & I found it much easier to get the dish close, then switch to the digital receiver & fine tune the dish.

Otherwise maybe check eBay or the web for a cheap Sat finder.

HTH,
john

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's about the same elevation as Astra 28.2 and reasonable strength of signal, so find yourself a nice strong transponder frequency (there's one listed in the sticky thread) and go looking. :)

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
I too am wanting to pick up Hispasat at the moment i'm picking up astra 19.2, do I need to move the dish up or down in angle or just swing it to the right?

Sir Bronking

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
medion
pentium4 3.2ghz
progdvb
skystar2 rev2.3
1mtr dish &amp; jaeger 99G 36v motor, with a superjack DP-6600. dvb-t aswell,in the process of setting up
My Location
cheshire,algeria
mark2101 said:
I too am wanting to pick up Hispasat at the moment i'm picking up astra 19.2, do I need to move the dish up or down in angle or just swing it to the right?

swing round and down a little

mark2101

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec-Star Lifetime Classic Receiver with 65cm dish single LNB
My Location
London, UK
Someone told me if I get someone to look at the receiption bar on the television, there see when i pick up the satellite is this true?

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
i found my satillites by using the signal strength bar and signal quality bar but it took a lot of patience;)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Personally, I used my MSS300 (before it died) tuned to Canal+ Spain (which has been replaced by Cuatro) and waved my dish about in the general direction till I got a picture, then locked my dish off at the best picture, then switched to my PortyII to set the skew so I got the highest quality (I get (indoors remember) 78% strength and ~70-75% quality depending on whether my cat has been swinging on my dish). Took about 15 minutes total... :D