finding the arc

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The 3/4 is Forward-Error-Correction (a measure of the fraction of information that is there only to correct errors that may occur during transmission of the bit stream). PIDs are something different of course.

Your example of 4506 L is a frequency (4506 Mhz) in the C-band with L (left-hand circular) polarisation. Do you have a C-band system?
More likely you have a Ku-band system (ie dish less than 1.5m and LNB capable of picking up frequencies in the Ku-band).
The Ku frequency band starts around 10750 Mhz.

I don't know what you're clicking or where or why, but as an example of the info at Lyngsat, have a look at this page:
http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/skyuk.shtml
There you see clearly (Ku-band) frequencies, polarisations, etc. They are tabulated. You don't need to click on anything...

2old

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
my lmb is a 05db, need to confirm make.
the dish is a triax 88cm high gain solid dish (apparently)
with a gain of 95 or so i read. my next problem to solve when the weather clears up , probably sunday :-( will be to realign the motor cogs in the jeager g90 so as to get more eastern sky as i can still go i recon another 10 or 15 degrees. the arm of dish was moved manually and their are still a couple of satellites i can get if i adjust this. thanks again 2old.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i have decided for the moment to not adjust the motor cogs as i guess i am a little apprehensive. Im still picking up about 12.5 west to about 50 east anyway so thats pretty good i think and im probably only missing a few russian channels. does anyone know differently? :-)

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i have decided for the moment to not adjust the motor cogs as i guess i am a little apprehensive. Im still picking up about 12.5 west to about 50 east anyway so thats pretty good i think and im probably only missing a few russian channels. does anyone know differently? :-)

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
There's plenty of good stuff further west. EG Fox Sports at 43W.
Further east you have (eg) Showtime at 68.5E
But you should simply check the Lyngsat site and you can see exactly what there is.
2old