Firemen

mikeey

Kalashnikov Poster
Reaction score
Chips i with you all the way,but we have to keep them happy.

Never mind, we will maybe get a nice xmas from them and then paper the hallway, we cant win.

All the best to you and your family "Chips"

Regards mikeey

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Originally posted by Channel Hopper

Since they already have access to copious amounts of water, high pressure pumps and cleaning materials, fire stations should have some form of car wash scheme going on out the back, with maybe a drain clearing line of work.

I've been eyeing that beaten up old austin allegro for a while now. They have snipped the roof off, It just needs some beating.

Then we could raffle it........whhhaayyy.

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
Passed me test in 1 of them Austin Agro, Estate version(if i remember) wonder if with a roof will it start better. I remember during test door lock was fooked ,so had a piece of wire wrapped around door handle & handbrake.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Sounds like my old Cortina Estate that was 60% Mk4 and 40 % Mk 5. All Mk 4 bits were on left side which made it look completely different depending on which side I was overtaking on

Previous owner had had both LH doors replaced, from different colour cars (as well as the front NS wing) so in sequence it was red, green, silver and then the blue of the rest of the car. Biggest problem was the front door hinges did not quite fit the frame pin dimensions so the last owner had bodged a set of house door hinges into place, worked but the door rattled at speed, so I happily roped the door to the glove compartment and centre console.

Cam belt broke one day on the M4 and the car coasted quitly to a standstill. When the police finally arrived to 'push the car' with their landrover to Heston services, they would not let me steer, but allowed me to sit in the passenger seat, which meant I had to undo the rope to get in. And of course that had to be the time the top hinge failed and the door fell off in front of them. They were not impressed and gave the car the full inspection once it got to Heston

Burnt Chips

Overclocker Supreme & General Mad B*st*rd
Reaction score
My Location
sunny manchester (i wish )
sounds like the car i know own CH,

Pullet_Surprise

Reaction score
My Location
York's
Originally posted by Channel Hopper
Sounds like my old Cortina Estate that was 60% Mk4 and 40 % Mk 5. All Mk 4 bits were on left side which made it look completely different depending on which side I was overtaking on

A focus then!...nah

:rolleyes: