Firmware for KAON i260MCO

rdssat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV-KaonKSC-i260MCO
My Location
Kuwait
Hi All,

I have purchased Dish Tv and have received Kaon receiver KSC-i260MCo. However when i checked kaon's site im unable to find this STB anywhere on their site.
I found that the receiver has firmware version v2.69-1.40
and Iguide version 1.5.1.93.

Im found that the signal strength for many of the channels degrades and then i get message that the signal cannot be found, some message 302... , when i try to switch channels.

This is getting very buggy, because when i start the STB and tune the channels, im able to see that around 99 channels have been tuned, but when i try to surf through the channels at any time of the day, im unable to view them.

rdssat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV-KaonKSC-i260MCO
My Location
Kuwait
Hi there,

i had a tough time yesterday with my receiver. When i started my receiver in teh afternoon i found that the software upgrade(ota) menu was being shown all the time and i wasnt able to get about it. even if i canceled it, it would say it failed. and then go back to the same screen. im not sure whether software upgrade had been pushed automatically by dish tv or whether somebody at home played mischief with the menu's.
however, after taking teh receiver to teh terrace late in teh evening, and connecting it with a short cable the ownload of teh new firmware started and the new firmware was written to the receiver.
Now my firmware has been upgraded to v2.77-1.43.
I however chanegd my .3db LNB to a .2db LNB too.
One problem solved for evening viewing, regarding the loss of signal during switching channels.
i can now view those channels that have been preset even after i surf teh channels. however i noticed that in teh morning, low signal channels are pixelated and cant be viewed.

kva

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
kaon receiver
My Location
india
i have the same situation with my receiver and i am unable to find a solution so far, can you help me with some ideas, can you contact me on my email iambreakingtherules@eim.ae

thanks

Hi there,

i had a tough time yesterday with my receiver. When i started my receiver in teh afternoon i found that the software upgrade(ota) menu was being shown all the time and i wasnt able to get about it. even if i canceled it, it would say it failed. and then go back to the same screen. im not sure whether software upgrade had been pushed automatically by dish tv or whether somebody at home played mischief with the menu's.
however, after taking teh receiver to teh terrace late in teh evening, and connecting it with a short cable the ownload of teh new firmware started and the new firmware was written to the receiver.
One problem solved for evening viewing, regarding the loss of signal during switching channels.
i can now view those channels that have been preset even after i surf teh channels. however i noticed that in teh morning, low signal channels are pixelated and cant be viewed.[/quote]

rdssat

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DishTV-KaonKSC-i260MCO
My Location
Kuwait
Hi There,

As i mentioned, u can take the receiver to the terrace and connect it directly to teh LNB and download teh new firmware after that it should work fine.

real2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
real2007

i can now view those channels that have been preset even after i surf teh channels. however i noticed that in teh morning, low signal channels are pixelated and cant be viewed. plz hlep me

real2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
i want change ota help me

real2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
hi all
I have purchased Dish Tv and have received Kaon receiver KSC-i260MCo. However when i checked kaon's site im unable to find this STB anywhere on their site.
I found that the receiver has firmware version v2.69-1.40
and Iguide version 1.5.1.93.

real2007

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dishtv
My Location
help me iambreakingtherules@yahoo.co.in