Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD box (basic package)
DM800HD
Geotrack polar mount
88cm Triax dish
My Location
Geordieland
Whilst surfing the net and for some unknown reason (it was working fine) I decided to upgrade the firmware on my Lite-on SOHW 1653s DVD burner from version CS02 to CS0T. Is it possible to go back to version CS02 as the burner is now failing to burn DVD's?

Thanks,

Malcolm

john22

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung Motorised COMAG sl55. Panosonic TUDSB 30 Sky box.
My Location
Ireland
Hi Malcolm,
How often that happens. You should be able to overwrite back to orignal you will find it on the C.D. that came with your prouct.If you have lost the C.D. you can do a System Restore back to before you installed new firm.
john22.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi malcolm,
it might be best to contact lite-on technical support, I have tried locating the firmware via their site but every link gives an error message.
If you submit the requisite form they may be able to email or send you the correct firmware for your product, or at least give you a link to the old firmware.
_http://www.liteon.com/prod/getService.do?xml_id=4_6&xml_id=4_6
Best wishes
Mickha

Blatherskite

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD box (basic package)
DM800HD
Geotrack polar mount
88cm Triax dish
My Location
Geordieland
I tried a system restore without success, then re-installed the CS02 firmware from a web download and the drive is working fine again.

Having browsed a number of sites looking for answers I'm asuming the new firmware (CS0T) was trying to burn discs too fast, if that makes sense?

Thanks for your posts,

Malcolm