First question for me at this lovely forum!

Swede

Reaction score
My Location
Cambridgeshire
Hi all,

I've just got into this satellite hobby, and I've reading this forum for a bit. It's excellent! Lots of answers. :)

One thing I can't understand though. There's a lot of talk about the MR being able to decrypt a lot of channels without a smart card (assuming you have the right keys loaded in it). Is there a list some where with the channels it can do without a card? Currently I'm only interested in 19.2E, and 13E because those are the only 2 satellites I can get (got a 90cm dish with a monoblock LN:cool:.

Thanks in advance for any help! :cool:

allnighter

Reaction score
the MR 1.081 will get you the TPS package , the ABSAT package , the POLSAT package , and MULTIVISION too on hotbird 13 .
it used to get Taquilla 1-10 on astra19.5 but that has stopped about a month ago till someone cracks it.

regards Barry:)

Swede

Reaction score
My Location
Cambridgeshire
Thanks allnighter, very much appreciated. :)

S@tboy

Reaction score
Hi,
U can have some french & duch channels as well on Astra1 (19,2ºE).Duch channels are interesting 'couse all foreign programs & movies on 'em (mainly english) are in original language with duch subtitles!
Have a good day!

Clivez

Reaction score
Hi, I have just done two new things: Firstly, I have moved to Italy. Secondly I have bought my first satellite system. An Italian friend went with me to the local shop where I bought a TELESystem TS4.4C reciever. Unfortunately, the shop was out of stock of dishes. My friend said, "No problem we have a spare one at home". Fantastic, off we went, retreived said dish, installed the lot. We found the Astra cluster at 19.2° very easily and I commenced upon the task of familiarisation. It didn'y take me long to realise that Hotbird at 13° was not far away and so, since the reciever was pre-programmed for the Hotbird channels, I selected BBC World, worked out roughly how far to move the dish and hey presto I found it in about a minute. Fantastic thought I: hmm, perhaps no quite so fantastic. Using the receiver signal and quality strength meters (the dish is on the wall easily reachable from the balcony) I adjusted the direction and LNB skew for max (interestingly the skew didn't appear to make that much difference), with the best result for BBC World being 94% Strength and 50% Quality. And so to the problem; whilst the image quality for BBC World is fine, perfectly watchable, the reciever can only find about 4 Hotbird transponders. It can't find any of the RAI channels or indeed anything other than Arabsat and one other, of which I have forgotten the name at the moment. What gives guys? Baring in mind that Astra is coming in beautifully, from what I have read, Hotbird should be booming in; I just can't understand it. Granted the LNB is perhaps old but surely if it picks up Astra at 98% Strength and 88% Quality it must be working OK. I just can't understand it. Please help me retain my sanity! Regards, Clivez

kimo17

Reaction score
Quality for the Horbird should not be less than 80%.
You have to realign the elevation and to check the fixtures again.
LNB is ok since you have Astra in perfect condition.
KIMO17

kimo17

Reaction score
Friend Swede

Load this for ur inquiry.

Kimo17

READ THE RULES, THEY ARE PLAIN TO SEE, PARTICULARLY THE ONE AT THE TOP OF EVERY SECTION ....... NO KEYS TO BE POSTED WHATSOEVER

ADMIN

kimo17

Reaction score
Friend Swede
Look for the required provider, then install the right key by remote control.
Kimo17

waz

Reaction score
@swede
with a titanium card you can clear sxy on 13e mr 155
waz

Swede

Reaction score
My Location
Cambridgeshire
Clivez, how big is your dish? I get all the Rai channels on Hotbird with a 90cm in East Anglia.