First time patching

Dragon45

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Stand alone Sky system. 1.0 motorised dish with 12 inch actuator, 0.3dB MTI LNB, TM1500 CI+ Super,
My Location
South Wales
Hi All
I have enjojed setting up my new system and it is up and running. I would not have been able to do this without the guidance and advice of rolfw initially and bronking for advice on vbox. Thanks once again.:D

I am just about to attempt my first patching.
I am OK with hardware connections and where I can get the software from but need a little advice on the following.
When I patch the TM receiver will it wipe my channels saved and the satelitte positions saved? How can I avoid this if this is the case?:confused

Cheers for now.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I believe that it will overwrite the satellite positions and channels lists, not sure whether there is any method of saving the settings, as I have never owned a Technomate. :)

R

Rd100

rolfw the patch will not overwrite the saved channel data or sat positions on the technomate, the only thing it will do is update there stored sat transponders in the technomate:)

rolfw said:
Yes I believe that it will overwrite the satellite positions and channels lists, not sure whether there is any method of saving the settings, as I have never owned a Technomate. :)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Ah, thanks for that mate and sorry to Dragon45 for the unintentional bum steer. :)