Fitting Invacom LNB

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It's a one button backup. No clever instruction needed. Try it. :)

Yes, get the channel info, and bung it in. There are some options in DBE to play with to stop the DB from cleaning it up again. Just play. I did, and it didn't take very long to suss it out.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

1.8m Channel Master soon to be installed
My Location
Doncaster
gameboy said:
P.S. Nice set-up - did notice a few extra drill holes in the first picture.

I didn't do it, no really it was the result of the installer :p

Think I used to have one of the old Black Mesh Sky Dishes there before.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Could someone give us a few tips (if needed) as I will be installing the new LNB in the afternoon. Any do's/don'ts would be handy. Step by step instructions would be even better :)

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nothing too much to tell, move the dish hard round to the wall, then you can easily reach the LNB. Take the old one off, and put the new one on, make sure it sits vertically in the holder and use self amalgamating tape on the LNB connection, or rubber gaiter if available.

There is normally some back and forward movement available on the LNB, you can then move to a satellite and see which position gives the best strength and quality.

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
It was the bloody LNB what was the culprit, now getting a signal of 75%+ with no BER levels.

Don't know how I managed it, with the combination of awkward postioning of the Dish and me not liking heights and the Darkness, but managed to do it.

Now can watch ART with no probs :D

Now gotta decide what to do with the Triax 90cm dish I've got coming, went a bit mad in order to solve the problem and ordered both LNB and new dish, but now it works ok with just the new LNB.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
djc said:
It was the bloody LNB what was the culprit, now getting a signal of 75%+ with no BER levels.

Don't know how I managed it, with the combination of awkward postioning of the Dish and me not liking heights and the Darkness, but managed to do it.

Now can watch ART with no probs :D

Now gotta decide what to do with the Triax 90cm dish I've got coming, went a bit mad in order to solve the problem and ordered both LNB and new dish, but now it works ok with just the new LNB.

Well, if you're not the roofer type (and I can relate to that...), just stick the Triax in the shed for a few weeks until it lightens and warms up a bit.

That'll give you plenty of chance to enjoy what you've got (you've got to have some pleasure in between the episodes of pain, or it's not worth it!).

More to the point, you'll have a much better idea of what it CAN'T do, and what effect the bad weather has on your signal figures and actual viewing.

Then you can make a better call on whether the dish upgrade is worth the hassle and the cost (...if you get the sat-fixer-bloke in).

My guess is that it would give you a useful boost, should drag in a few extra channels, and improve bad-weather reception noticably.

STICK

djc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020-S

88cm Triax Dish

My Location
Doncaster
Just in the process of haggling with the installer who initially quoted me £75 (only cost £100 to install the motor etc), so I was having none of it and have to speak with the Manager tomorrow, which will ultimatley decide weather I pay him or do it myself.....eventually :rolleyes:

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
To be honest, that sounds a pretty fair price even when compared to the £100.

It's may ease your conscience to know that you got the best price but the guy's gotta earn a living, especially if it's a roof job and he did a good job first time.