fitting monoblock

mikk

Reaction score
I have a single lnb pointed at astra. To recieve hotbird as well will I need to move the dish or just line up the monoblock, and will I need a meter to do this? Is there any preference for brand of mb quality/performace wise?

J

Jeff_19341

Here is a pic of hotbird & astra lnb's on one dish.
The main focus is Hotbird at 13east with the offset for Astra at 19east.
Jeff;)

wod

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m channel master, jaeger smr1224, Inverto black ultra twin, technomate tm-1500ci, broken receiver vantage x221ci, New additions Skybox F5s and technomate tm-5402 HD arriving soon.
My Location
yorkshire
move the dish as jeff says to 13east and you'll need a meter to do this easily

adrianmac

Reaction score
Set the dish up for Hotbird and when you fit the monobloc lookking at the front of the dish the right side of the monobloc should be secured to the dish
hope this is of help

mikk said:
I have a single lnb pointed at astra. To recieve hotbird as well will I need to move the dish or just line up the monoblock, and will I need a meter to do this? Is there any preference for brand of mb quality/performace wise?

mikk

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I found Hotbird (with the help of an inline meter) and thought I'd watch untill the monoblock arrived- scanned the sat and a few channels loaded (slowly) , I dont think all of them, but could not get a picture. Signal strength is about 75%, but quality constantly jumps between between nought and 50%?, corresponding with the jumping needle on the sat meter. I did notice that when I pressed the feedhorn down the signal strength on the meter increased considerably, but it was my understanding that no vertical adjustment would be needed?