Five

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
barryr said:
Channel FIVE has now disappeared too. ???
(Using norm size dish in Canary Islands)
I have also lost ch5 today. I am in Costa del Sol.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It appears to have moved off the 2B South beam and may only be transmitting on the North beam now.

L

lisa

me too I am on the costa del sol whats happened
does anyone know the freq to manual tune it in on the add channels
thanks
lisa

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
12304H 27500 2/3 Should get it, but it is on the North Beam

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
It's in big dish country now, see if you can pull the last bit from your setup. Fine tune the dish, look at cable+conections.

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Devonbrown and Lisa, what dish size do you have on the Costa del Sol?

A 1.2m dish (the most popular size there) unfortunately isn’t quite big enough to get all 2B North reliably, especially in winter time. The further West along the coast you are the worse it becomes.

Also what make/model of receiver do you have, as that is important-

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
PoloMint said:

A 1.2m dish (the most popular size there) unfortunately isn’t quite big enough to get all 2B North reliably, especially in winter time. The further West along the coast you are the worse it becomes.

Hi polo, here in Estepona I have a 1.2 meter prime focus dish and a panny30. next time you visit you parents you can have a look :)
I previously save CH5 in "add channels", and, if I use the other channel function I can now get ch5. I have tried to see if it still on 12110 H but I cannot see it but, as I can still receive it it must be there. Does anyone know how to force it into view as my neighbour has lost his and had not previously saved it?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Now that's interesting Devonbrown, so you are saying that it's still there, but not listed in the network information table.

Have you tried it without the card in?

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
rolfw said:
Now that's interesting Devonbrown, so you are saying that it's still there, but not listed in the network information table.

Have you tried it without the card in?
That's it exactly rolf. I've not tried it yet without the card due to the fact that corrie is on ITV just now and my wife won't let me :rolleyes: but I'll do so later and let you know

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Here in Cyprus Five was very strong,good on a 1.2m dish but the smallest most people have is 1.5moffset,but not receiving ch4,granada plus, eurosport,most movies,and nat geo.a 2.4m is needed to get the rest(except 2D)Now five has gone weak on a 1.5 dish,some have lost it some have break up.So those on ftv cards with small dishes have had more salt rubbed in to their wounds. :mad:
I noticed there is a sky sports 2 on 12.304 also.What if all sky sports go there??

PoloMint said:

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
The card is still needed to decode CH5

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
barryr said:

if you sub to sky i think you´ll have lost uk gold 2 as well.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Thanks Devonbrown, was just a thought that it might have been FTA on the old setting. :)

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
barryr said:

hi barryr. i´m in tenerife and spoke to a t.v. repair guy this morning. who said some of his customers were still receiving five on smaller dishes than 2.4m, he did not know which brand of receiver though. i´ll see him later this week so i´ll keep you posted. rob43

thomo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
does anyone know why we lost ch5 ? can people abroad who still can see it report it to this thread

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
thomo said:
does anyone know why we lost ch5 ? can people abroad who still can see it report it to this thread

Ch5 appears to have moved to 2A/2B North beam from south beam. Here in east Cyprus I still get perfect reception of Ch5 on a 2.4m dish. A neighbour has a 1.8m dish, also with Panny 30 receiver, and was getting picture freezing after the move, but discovered his LNB was not switching polarity when it should. He did a forced download and now receives Ch5 OK (unless it is heavy rain).
Geoff

richardinalex

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Alexandria, Egypt
Yep - Five still fine in sunny Alexandria - 2.4m dish. Mind you I don't think I've ever watched anything on it!

Richard

BarMoo

Post Meister
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Just to add to the frustrations of others ........

Channel Five and Channel Four both display the message "This Programme is Not Available".

Previously this message appeared on most subscription channels - I concluded that this had something to do with my old ex-sub/old FTV card's.

I have just commenced a forced download. Wait. Wait. Wait. ........

Is it :-ohmy - or, is it 'O'

Oh, good its finished.

Well, frankly it's a big ooking fat ({}) To Sky!

Unbelievable, since ITV/CHa4 and five haven't even got there FTV Card Shop in place yet.

For those in the UK - phone and/or email your MP now.

Not having fun,

Mark.