Fix Dish To Turksat 1c 42 East?

ARIAN_UK_1

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
:ny
Hi all,
may any one tell me how can i fix dish to 42 east(turksat 1c).my dish (90) is on hotbird now.please help me

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
For me ,
19east is 157.6 degrees Azimuth and 28.2 degrees Elevation
42east is 132.2 degrees Azimuth and 19.5 degrees Elevation
Hence from 19east to 42 east I have to move the dish 25.4 degrees further east and down 8.7 degrees in elevation.

ARIAN_UK_1

Reaction score
hi dear,many thanks for your reply,
could you tell me how can i mesure 132.2 deg azimuth and 28.2 elevationfrom hotbird position. thanks arian
AForester said:
For me ,
19east is 157.6 degrees Azimuth and 28.2 degrees Elevation
42east is 132.2 degrees Azimuth and 19.5 degrees Elevation
Hence from 19east to 42 east I have to move the dish 25.4 degrees further east and down 8.7 degrees in elevation.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
I see from one of your previous posts that you are from Manchester.

{Before you do any adjustments mark the present position of your dish on it's pole and the elevation on the scale so that you can come back to your original position.}

at that location;
19east is approx 154degrees Az and 26degrees El.
42east is approx 129degrees AZ and 17degrees EL.
Consequently, as you are at present on 19east, you will need to (from the rear of the dish) swing to the left by 25degrees and drop the dish elevation by 9degrees.
A good strong channel on that bird is CNN Turk on 11804V, 24444, 5/6
Remember move small amounts and let your receiver try for a lock before another small movement. (10 seconds or so)
If you use a magnetic compass the magnetic North Pole is not the same as the true North Pole position and do not get your compass too near to steel object as you will get a false reading.
If you are useing a 50mm support pole, 25 degrees is 10.9mm measured round its circumference.

ARIAN_UK_1

Reaction score
hi dear,
many thanks for you reply ,and recently i have bought 1.10 cm disk ,and try to take hotbird first, but after 2 horse i could bring some strong channel like euro news or bbc but i couldnt take lots channel.i dont know why.but there is tree front of dish(7 meter) and before i had not this problem with 90 cm dish!!!!!!!!
and another question please?
i bought new dish for 65 pounds without base, what do you think should be with base or not? thanks very much and happy new year.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
The larger the dish the more accurate your pointing must be do to a smaller beamwidth.

When you say there is a tree (7metre), is the tree 7 metres tall or is the tree 7metres in front of the dish?
Trees tend to grow leaves in the spring so will block off more of the signal. A little bit of basic trigonometry, if the tree is 7m from the dish and is taller than 3.5m it will block the signal, if the tree is 7m high your dish needs to be at least 14m away from it to get a clear signal from 19east.

When you say the dish has no mount, do you mean no Az and El bracketry. Many suppliers advertise larger dishes without the Az/El fittings.

ARIAN_UK_1

Reaction score
thanks for you quick reply,
hi again dear,I MOVE DISH TO 1.50 METER TOWARD RIGHT THEN SORT OUT THE PROBLEM, BUT IF I WANT INSTALL TO 42 DEG EAST I THINK THERE IS TREES FRONT OF DISH, AND I ENCLOSE A PHOTO ABOUT THAT ,PLEASE HAVE LOOK AND TELL ME IS THAT OK FOR 42 EAST. THANKS
thanks for you quick reply,
. thanks for your help

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
The elevation of the bird at 13east at Manchester is approx 28degrees.
Your tree problem, 6metres high and 7 metres away gives an angle to the top of the tree of approx 40 degrees. Hence your dish is looking through the tree and you will get loss of most or all of the signal. To clear the trees the base of the dish should be over 3.7 metres off of the ground.
The larger the dish the smaller the beamwidth ie the tighter/smaller the acceptance angle.
Do not forget the satellite is nearly 39000km away from you and what seems to you to be a small movement of the dish at your end means that you could be off beam entirely. As the saying goes " a miss is as good as a mile".
With trees in the way you will always have problems, especially when they are covered with leaves, and in general they have a tendency to grow higher and wider over the years. Cut them down or move your dish to a position where you have a clear view across the arc for the satellites that you wish to receive.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Use the Go Advanced button - then you get an option to manage attachments.

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Hi Anna

Wondered how long it would take you to find me
Ha Ha J:ny

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Ive told you not to call me Anna in public! :D :D

Happy New Year Mr AF the weather is disgusting up here :( heavy rain & high winds although the dishes have survived (so far)

ARIAN_UK_1

Reaction score
hi dear , ive sent 4 photo .in this photo my dish in hotbird , and i would like to know may i get 26 deg east or 42 deg east.
thanks for your help

ARIAN_UK_1

Reaction score
any way thanks mate, i bought motorise, and i can get all sat in uk, that is realy great.thanks for ur help
ARIAN_UK_1 said:
hi dear , ive sent 4 photo .in this photo my dish in hotbird , and i would like to know may i get 26 deg east or 42 deg east.
thanks for your help

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Well done, that's the best way to go if you want to see many satellites.