Fixed Dish, Multi LNB system?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Hi, I wanted some advice on a system?

Basically, I planned to get a 85 cm dish, and 3 quad bullet nose LNBs. Hopefully receiving feeds 19E, 16E, and 13E. I want the 16E for the ALB package.

However, two people I got quotes for the installation of this system say that getting 16E is a problem, or that it is not possible being so close to the others. They said that 13 and 19 are fine on one dish. I wanted 16E though because the ALB package seems alot better value.

I live in London by the way. Has anyone got any suggestions for me? Will it really not be possible for my initial ideas of the setup? The guys at Hisat seem to think it would work?

Anybody got ART sub? Is it any good as an alternative if I dont get 16E?

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
What your planning to do cant be down with normal sized lnbs.
Alps makes a thin lnb for 3° do a search see what you can find.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
rolfw said:
Forget it with three LNBs, but the Pyramid LNB is soon to be released, hoping to get an early production model. It is a triple monobloc for those three sats. http://www.horizonhge.com/hge/pyramid.shtm

Very nice indeed do you think they will make a quad lnb and do
you think I could use a possitions switch so I could watch 28° ( from an other dish) as well?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doubt if you will see an additional satellite on it, it has taken over two years to get this one out .:)

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
rolfw said:
Doubt if you will see an additional satellite on it, it has taken over two years to get this one out .:)

No you miss understood my question. Do you think they will make
that lnb So I can use it with 4 recievers.
Then using a switch also watch 28° as well from another dish?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No, they won't make a quad version (four outputs), that is even harder than the one they've done, plus the demand would be significantly less. The switch, 0/12v is fine for 28.2E though.

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I was going to get the alps lnb. But you reckon it still wont work?

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
by the way, pyramid lnb looks very good, but with no quad option, then not for me.

peaceandlove

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tm3500usb, TM5400usb super, cas3, m2+,Diablo wireless 2.3rev,
Stab usualsHH90 driving arcon multi 57cm dish with dual feed ,Skystar2 HDCI, Altdvb, My theatre,vplug, windows xp,
Arcon sweety 43cm for astra1 perched behind window
Multimo 40cm for ho
My Location
Slough, Berkshire
Should be easy with a wave frontier or a triax 3/4 lnb set up, and i beleive alps do quad/qutro hornfeeds

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Just to let everyone know that I managed to install the system, despite several people saying it was impossible. My equipment came from Hisat, which was a 1m gibertini dish, 3 quad Alps Bullet nose LNBs, 3 diseqc switches, and 3 dreamboxes 7020s. The engineer came round to install, but said it was not possible to get 13e, 16e, and 19.2 e. So only installed 13 and 19.2. I went to malins that evening, got me a signal meter and compass, went up onto the roof, and 3 hours later it all works. I have actually tied in my sky mini dish feed as well. All signals at approx 80% SNR

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
yazooo said:
Just to let everyone know that I managed to install the system, despite several people saying it was impossible. My equipment came from Hisat, which was a 1m gibertini dish, 3 quad Alps Bullet nose LNBs, 3 diseqc switches, and 3 dreamboxes 7020s. The engineer came round to install, but said it was not possible to get 13e, 16e, and 19.2 e. So only installed 13 and 19.2. I went to malins that evening, got me a signal meter and compass, went up onto the roof, and 3 hours later it all works. I have actually tied in my sky mini dish feed as well. All signals at approx 80% SNR

I knew it would work good job.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well done Yazooo, I never mind being proved wrong, this is what is great about the forum, always something new to learn. :-thumb1

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Cheers. Fortunately its been installed on a flat roof, so easy access, and I was able to spend alot of time up there. Even rig up a dreambox and a small TV in the window so I could use that to get everything aligned. Now with the fiddly job of getting the box working how I like it, and making sense of the silly amount of channels there are.

J

Jeff_19341

@ yazoo

Well done with your installation. A few picture, if posible, would be apprediated please.