Flas & Eprom Files for Funcard Question

goffy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
When programing a funcard using the Infinity USB the software has three boxes to put files in before pressing the load button. These are:-
1)flash
2)int. EEprom
3)ext. EEprom

The Davem file I have d/l contains 3 EEprom files and 2 flash files. Now I think I can make an educated guess on which ones to load but thought I better ask here first incase I drop a bollock and ruin my card.

I guess the flash file to use is the one with the latest version number in its title for example use V2.04 not V2.03. One of the eeprom files is for Humax5400 so I guess thats the one for me even though I have a Humax5100 but does this go in the int.eep box or the ext.eep box? I guess it will be ext. like when programming a goldcard but not sure. Finally which of the two remaining unused EEprom files goes in the unused box? Or do I just leave the spare box empty and only load 2 files ie the latest flash version and the eeprom for Humax? This will leave one of the two EEprom boxes epmty (ie int. or ext.).

I hope I made my question clear. Im getting better at this stuff. Its a lot more complicated than the old days of entering D2MAC codes via the remote.

Someone also please tell my how you go about inspecting the contents of code files found on the net. Someone on here recently mentioned checking for trojans, spyware etc.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You have it just about right Goffy, leave the internal Eeprom empty, if the combination you are using doesn't work properly, then use the older flash and perhaps the alternative Eeprom.

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
Hi. I am new and I also try to program funcard, but with Apollo3. Software is funmagic.Files from methamorph for april and there are only 1 flash, 1 int. eeprom and 2 ext.eeproms. I have tried many versions. loading flash and ext. eeprom aston, and leaving int.eeprom box empty, then loading all three files. Still i get the same collection of error messages about failure of about everything. I use erase function and then program again with the same results-zero. Could it be that many attempts damaged the card? Or there is something I am forgetting?
Any comments would be appreciated.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If there is an internal Eeprom listed, then you will probably need to load it, are you using an irdeto patched cam or receiver? Haven't seen the metamorph files recently, many people use the Dave M and Xamuh files with a flash and external Eeprom only.

You also need to check that you have the card type listed corectly in the software.

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
Hi Rolf. Thanks for replay. I have tried with and without int.eeprom-same thing. Card seem to be correctly identified by software at the beginning of each attempt. Most often I get message that there is no device connected at LPT. May be I should try other files... You mentioned DaveM and Xamuh. Where will I find them?
There is a function on programmer Read Flash,Read Int.eeprom,Read Ex. eeprom. What is the purpouse? Is file being erased after being red and needs to be written on the card again or it is just verification?
Does Erase button blanks the card completely?
With Card Lock deactivated I still get messages at times that card is locked???
Thanks for a guidance. Sailor

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Unfortunately I haven't used Funmagic Sailor, the read function is for pulling a file off the card so that you can edit it.

If you are getting device errors, it would perhaps indicate that you have baud rate problems, but as I'm not familliar with the programmer I'm not sure what the problem may be.

Go to http://www.duwgati.com and navigate to Software/Funmagic, there is a good step by step on there, Duwgati's site is an excellent reference on many programmers and their software.

sailor

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Malaga, Spain
Thanks. I am familiar with Duwgati site. It is a source of Funmagic... Unfortunately he does not have any info about Apollo 3. I thought I am buyng a current programmer and ended up with something unknown...Maybe i should try to follow instructions more presicely. They are not really step by step what we newbies need and there is no troubleshooting... Could you mention a source for DaveM files.
Baud problem...is it something about incompatibility of speed of PC and speed of programmer?
Sailor

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
You should be able to find the files at Phill's, Satdudez and Toecutters, all links in Nobbly's big links forum Sailor.