Flash chip experts and Digital receivers!!!!Is anybody here???

joshuatronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hello guys, is there any expert here on flash memories??? A few months ago i was brought some receivers, to be exact, the Digital 1000 and 801 models. The receivers had problem with their flash memories(HY29LV160). So i replaced them with new ones.i downloaded dump files from their site and programmed them on my flash programmer into the new flash chips. But when i soldered flash back to board and turned on the receiver it just didnt work. I did the same procedure with other models and did it many many times but with no result.
Yesterday i had a WORKING!!!! Digital 1000 receiver and just wanted to retreive its dump file. I unsoldered it and read the dump on my programmer. But when i soldered it back the receiver that worked 30 minutes ago, it didnt work!! i checked all flash contacts, they r all ok
why when a working flash chip is unsoldered and then put back without being altered the receiver does NOT WORK again??? the same when a new programme d flash is replaced?? what do i have to do to get them working??? please give me your help with these Digital receivers, i would really appreciate it!

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
See if the receiver has a jtag connector on the mainboard.
Sti5518 based receivers have them.
Sounds like you did a lot of needless soldering/unsoldering,
and may have damaged circuit traces.

joshuatronic

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hello friend.i just checked the receiver. Yup, it has a jtag connector on the main board indeed. What is the use of it and how do i use it? Id like to say that i do the soldering and unsoldering using a hot air gun and do it carefully. So i dnt think its broken traces. Im gonna check the traces again, but what do i do if they r finally ok and contacts r ok too but receiver doesnt turn on?i must remind that the flash chip hasnt been altered, i just unsoldered and soldered it back. Thanx in advance

ps: is it possible when flash is unsoldered (in Globo Digital model receivers)receiver looses some kind of info in in a part of its circuit???

slugworth

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
gsky v7
My Location
New England
It should take the standard 20pin jtag cable, and either jkeys
with a modified .def file to match the receiver or the skymax
jtag program. It sounds like a solder short or a pin not soldered
on the flash chip. I use the simple jtag hookup. Info and diagrams
are in other threads here.

pipino

Back from the dead
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2X Channel Master 1.20 , 1X Channel Master1.80 ,1X Channel Master 2.40, Motorized Gibertini OP150 , Motorized Fibo MF90 ,, 70cm eliptical raven ..hirschmann fibre glass 1.20m
My Location
Comunidad Valenciana..ESPAÑA
joshuatronic said:
Hello guys, is there any expert here on flash memories??? A few months ago i was brought some receivers, to be exact, the Digital 1000 and 801 models. The receivers had problem with their flash memories(HY29LV160). So i replaced them with new ones.i downloaded dump files from their site and programmed them on my flash programmer into the new flash chips. But when i soldered flash back to board and turned on the receiver it just didnt work. I did the same procedure with other models and did it many many times but with no result.
Yesterday i had a WORKING!!!! Digital 1000 receiver and just wanted to retreive its dump file. I unsoldered it and read the dump on my programmer. But when i soldered it back the receiver that worked 30 minutes ago, it didnt work!! i checked all flash contacts, they r all ok
why when a working flash chip is unsoldered and then put back without being altered the receiver does NOT WORK again??? the same when a new programme d flash is replaced?? what do i have to do to get them working??? please give me your help with these Digital receivers, i would really appreciate it!

hi,revise your way of dumping then writing back the data from the flash chips ..what hardware and software are you using to do the operation..regards

boxnut

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
turnkey 700mhz athelon .5gb ram,120 gb,drive
j-test j-tag setup
great care is needed as not to excede temprature and esd levels.
j-taging is the easy and safe way
you can p-m me if you need help
'boxnut'