2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hey peeps, after having a nightmare using DreamUp I found this information on the Dream website.

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup
an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.

Standby is not enough!
  • front_pfeil.jpg

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
    - (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
    The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
    - (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
    (four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
    the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
    work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
    work, set an IP using the serial terminal)

WebInterface.jpg
  • - Now, open a browser on your PC.
    (1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
    - (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

WebInterface2.jpg
  • - On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
    You can't flash other images (like .img)!
    - Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
    - Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

See I said it was the easy way.
Cheers
MCC.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
Thank´s for the pictures, makes it even easier.

This is the standard way upgrading all boxes, not just 800

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Yeah its the way I've always done my DM7025's. Its official, I hate DreamUp , LOL.

pya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 HD
My Location
Belgium
NICE WAY TO FLASH, BUT TOO BAD THAT DEVELOPPERS DID NOT PROVIDE WITH A BACKUP BUTTON !!

Waiting for a Flashwizard that works with DM800...

tedy58

Reaction score
Yes I use it to do a new #62 bootloader upgrade that solves the oficial heating problem with the HD channels. Normally the newest images contain this bootloader itself, but if You use the image older than 01.10.2008 it is a great heating solution.

The procedure is the same as it is described in the beginning.

tedy58

Reaction score
Here are another second stage loaders for the box. In the new images they are embedded, but somebody can use them if have an old image still in the flash.
The heating problems are solved completely on the HD channels.

mad_elf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Bravia 40 inches model KLV-40V400A full HD, Samsung Digital Home Cinema System model HT-Z315, Dreambox HD 800, Nilesat, Hotbird, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Aztech ADSL2+ Wireless router 1Mbps
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Hi B16MCC, I followed your instructions carefully. I used the latest Gemini image to flash my dm800. However, the receiver is very slow now and the "Please wait" message never goes off even after reboot?!

Is there anything wrong? Please help.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Verify your image download , may be try a different image. I can recommend the latest NabiloSat image, Blackhole 0.7. It has all the latest updates included.

mad_elf

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony Bravia 40 inches model KLV-40V400A full HD, Samsung Digital Home Cinema System model HT-Z315, Dreambox HD 800, Nilesat, Hotbird, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, Aztech ADSL2+ Wireless router 1Mbps
My Location
Dubai, UAE
Thanks guys for the help. I upgraded my gemini to v4.10, still "please wait" does exist!

I may shift to Nabilo later on, got lots of recommendations.

tghandour

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-800HD PVR / DM-7020s
Dell Latitude E6400
My Location
Egypt
Hi B16MCC,

I also failed to upgrade my new DM-800 with DreamUp making me scared to death telling me the "Upgrade failed and the device is unusable". However the DM-800 was working fine after a power off and on again. I will try to use the Internet Browser instead, however i have a couple of questions:

1- How can i make sure that the 2nd stage bootloader is present and not broken as u mentioned?

2- What is this "Please Wait" problem mad_elf mentioned after upgrading his box to versions 4.4 and 4.1. Any suggestions or solutions.

Thanx

karim06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra hotbird nilsat
ord p4
My Location
algerie
Bonjour, je voudrai Comprendre pourquoi ma dream 800HD Plante LORSQUE je la Flash Gemini AVeV 4,00 et 4,20 il apparait toujour un message d'erreur

Hello, I would like to understand why my dream 800HD crashes when I flash the Gemini AVeV 4.00 and 4.20 there always appears an error message

jluc180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 Cccam+Gbox
Dreambox 800 HD HyperCam
HotBird 13E :(
My Location
Geneva
An error message, please, which one ?
Which way are you trying to flash ?

Quel est le message d'erreur et avec quoi flashez-vous ?

karim06

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
astra hotbird nilsat
ord p4
My Location
algerie
Hello, I flash my dreambox 800hd with dreamup 1.3.3.4
with null cable modem, the flash gemini 4.20, when I redemare my dream, an error message post error _www.dm7020.com look…

jluc180

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 Cccam+Gbox
Dreambox 800 HD HyperCam
HotBird 13E :(
My Location
Geneva
The same for me, I have been unable to flash with Dreamup.
On the other hand, I been able to flash the DreamBox with the browser, like explained a the top of the post.
For me it was the only way to flash my 800.

A

Anonymous-A

I'm tearing what remains of my hair out....

I used to own a 7025 and always flashed it using the web browser. Just taken delivery of a new 800HD and cannot flash it on the web browser at all.

I get to the point where I select the nabilosat nfi file that I've downloaded, click on the Flash! button and wait...

Nothing happens and eventually my firefox browser tells me that the gateway was reset??

The web address that the flash programme tries to load is http://(my dreambox's ip address)/FLASH

This web page is not available.

The web page at null might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

More information on this error
Below is the original error message

Error 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Unknown error.

A

Anonymous-A

Somehow I worked this out...

I downloaded the latest default firmware from the DMM site.

Attempted to flash that and lo and behold it worked. Then I reflashed using the Nabilosat Blackhole image I had downloaded earlier.

It now works!

Looks like the default firmware doesnt let you flash until the latest default firmware is installed.

rio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 and now DM800
My Location
manchester
hi all can you help i have a dm500 and have today I just bought a clone dm800 with gemini 4.4 and bootloader 75# but i'm worried about what i hear i got it from nextbay and it's only cost £160 delivered when it arrives what can i do to configure it all up, I've reflashed my dm500 before is it the same as this for dm800 clone or have I made a booby

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Flashing A clone is the same process as for a genuine box. Its what your flashing to the box that will be different. Genuine images need patched.

Have a look here _http://www.8a8f8.com/ for all your clone needs.

rio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM500 and now DM800
My Location
manchester
tomthebomb1968 said:
Flashing A clone is the same process as for a genuine box. Its what your flashing to the box that will be different. Genuine images need patched.

Have a look here _http://www.8a8f8.com/ for all your clone needs.

i would asume it already has the gemini patched version on it but will have to wait until it arrives next week, if it does can i just add cccam to it and config file with c line to get it up and running

sajjid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800
My Location
U.K
yet another good guide thanks