2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Hi guys, having made a leap of faith and parted with just clear of £1K here's my first write up on the DM8000.

icon12.gif
Flash Your DM8000 - The Easy Way

Flashing a new firmware (image) by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC, you need a cross cable, if you connect through a switch/hub/router you need a normal (non-cross) cable, or patch lead.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server. If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, using "shutdown" and by switching off the main power on the rear panel.

Standby is not enough!
attachment.php

1. Press and hold the 'Down' button on the front panel to the left of the display, marked on the picture above in Red
  2. Switch on the power using the switch on the rear panel of the Dreambox.
  3. A text "*** STOP ***" should appear.
  4. Now you can release the 'Down' button.The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
  5. Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address (four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead, the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't work, set an IP using the serial terminal)
WebInterface.jpg

1. Now, open a browser on your PC.
  2. Enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
  3. On the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.
WebInterface2.jpg

1. On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
  2. You can't flash other images (like .img)!
  3. Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
  4. When the browser shows its finished switch the box off using the switch on the rear, and then power on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

See I said it was the easy way.
Cheers
MCC.

Attachments

• DM8000 Flash.JPG
    DM8000 Flash.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,479

djfraz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
scotland
Hi

I wonder if you could help me please with the above receiver that i got 2 days ago?

I have connected the receiver to my router using an Ethernet cable. Prior to mucking things up I connected to the receiver with no problems.

Before finding your post, I also connected a serial cable and I tried to flash a new image using Dreamup. I got so far before the programme just froze.

Now, I get a splash screen but I have no valid operating flash image.

I have now tried your method and got the stop with ip address. I then opened the browser and have tried to flash an image but again am stuck at 0.39%

I have tried the boot from network option on the loader and USB but the page will not display.

If I could even get back my original image it would be a start.

many thanks
Fraz

bwuddywabbit

Reaction score
I found with previous dreambox receivers "7020 & 500s" I had to use Dreamup & a Null Modem cable, this is simmilar to a serial cable but it has to be a Null cable, this should fix your box if any of my examples are the same as the 8000,
regards,
The Wabbit

djfraz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate
My Location
scotland
Thanks for your response.

Finally got it to work by connecting a crossover cable directly from the pc to the Dreambox.

redmart

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
DB 8000 HD - Manhattan 100HH -1m LH dish
<Network>Wireless to Cisco 857 router <Software>
Nabilosat Dream Elite v133B
My Location
Ireland
Is this the best way to flash an image to a new DB8000? My browser will not connect to the IP address shown on the display.

Does anyone recommend a multiple image loader for the 8000 (similar to Flash Wizard Pro for DB7000 series)?

Thanks

pace508

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000
echostar 3600 1m channel master
My Location
north west of england
if upgrading via browser does it matter what browser you use

Shady1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dm 800 se
Dm 7025
Dm 500
My Location
Kristiansand, Norway
If the Dreambox has an old version of the image that i want to flash, does it overwrite the old one
or do i have to remove the old one first? if so how do i remove the old image ?

nsa10000

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Arab & Nile sat with on switch for one cable to tuner A and same for tuner B
My Location
Saudi Arabai
I use this way, but when I got the stop massage with dhcp and it is not showing the IP address

Please help me

zorbua

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 8000 HD
Dreambox 800se
Dreambox 900UHD
Clark Tech 5000 HD
Numerous other receivers (Retired)
Dish Gibertini 1.5 M
Dishes Gibertini 1.2 x2
Dish Gibertini 1 M
My Location
Malta
nsa10000 said:
I use this way, but when I got the stop massage with dhcp and it is not showing the IP address

Please help me

Is your Oled Display ok? What I mean to say when the Image is booted normally does your Display show correctly the information on it or does it show blank dark lines across it, because if it does it might not show the I.P. address when Flashing an Image.

gulli

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
motorised with dreambox
My Location
south west england
One or two important caveats here. 1. Do boot up your PC with network cable attached. 2.If PC has wi-fi switch it off BEFORE trying to do anything - it will normally always override connection to ethernet cable.3. Best always to have assigned an IP address to your DM - DHCP does cause probs but must be left on. Good luck to all. Gulli

Julf Helsingius

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 sat tuners, 4 LNB's, 1 DVB-T tuner
My Location
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
I am stumped at the 'on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.' stage. Can't find any firmware upgrade link.

Devicename:dm8000
Enigma Version:2012-03-27-3.2
Image Version:Release 3.2.1 2012-05-02
Frontprozessor Version:V7
Webinterface Version:1.7.1