Flashable Reciever Vs Cam

multivision

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Setup
My Location
Hotbird
I have a very low price flashable reciever. I do upgrade its software from the net every now and then. and I do watch all the hacked channals on Hotbird.

Now.

My question is

by dumping this reciever and by buying a new one with all those CAMs included,

Would it be possible that I watch some new channals on Hotbird. as I am only interested in Hotbird

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
IMHO stick with what you know and what you have got, unless you are eager to spend money. This is a constantly changing hobby and the situation may change in the future which may force you to think again but if the patches are still available be happy with the set up you have.

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
toppervte33h said:
IMHO stick with what you know and what you have got, unless you are eager to spend money. This is a constantly changing hobby and the situation may change in the future which may force you to think again but if the patches are still available be happy with the set up you have.

i'd go with that too. don't but too greedy unless you have the money, and it depends on how fast the updates come out for your particuar receiver, i think some CAM software comes out first before several makes of receiver, but then it can be question of which cam is better at a given time, on the other hand by the CAM route you detrach yourself from the receiver and are free to choose what you want without worry about 'hacked' firmware support, it swings it roundabouts..... i've been dreaming about dreamboxes and the like for a long time, but discovered i'm more than happy with a flasheable receiver....

cts

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Stick with what you have. I probably have much the same as you and at the moment don't need any cams or cards, but as already stated that could change in the blink of an eye.
Save your cash for the future. :D

Artist 2004

Anatolia correspondent
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
GoldMaster 7400 CIM 2MB with Kaon board 12.03.a5. Technomate 1000, Technomate 5200 USB.
Two 80cm offset dishes.
My Location
West coast, Turkey
Yes, I'm happy with my cheapo flashable too. As far as I can tell from the various key files for various card based systems I don't think they're getting anything extra. Correct me if I'm wrong...