Flashing image onto DB 7000

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
How long does it take to flash an image onto DB7000. Only starting on this box now. Didnt set up the network settings as unsure where to put the figures. So using a null cable. Trying to flash the latest image 1081 using dream up 214b. Got to the part where its resetting lockbits, erasing & uploading image. Still waiting for 15 mins now.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Only flashed using the serial port once and didn't notice how long it took I'm afraid, but I'm assuming that it has finished on yours by now. :)

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
No switched it off. After 3 hours.Looking up some more threads. lol but dont think i will be lol after 3 weeks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you connected to your PC via an ethernet cable, should be fairly straightforward to setup on the Dreambox.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
rolfw said:
Are you connected to your PC via an ethernet cable, should be fairly straightforward to setup on the Dreambox.

Yes i am, but think i put in the wrong IP.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
What figures are you unsure about in the ftp set up?

If you are using a router then it's easy.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
What figures are you unsure about in the ftp set up?

If you are using a router then it's easy.

I think i installed IP 195.218.116.25 I think I should have put in 195.168.0.24.
But cant get into Dreambox menu to view it only have dream logo on box. Im using broadband by the way. Tried rebooting it with the 3 buttons..no joy. Also switched it off for 30 sec and held the top ch button for about 2 mins
and still nothing.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
The fact that you can see the DreamBox logo is good - you haven't trashed the firmware!

Looks like when you swicthed it of it had an uncomplete image on.

You will have to use the null modem cable and put on the latest image (1.08) from the DreamBox official website. Use DreamUp for this.

Use a crossover Ethernet cable and null modem to install the image. You should then be back working again.

If you get the box on the net you're only a few button presses away from getting sorted with a third party image.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
The fact that you can see the DreamBox logo is good - you haven't trashed the firmware!

Looks like when you swicthed it of it had an uncomplete image on.

You will have to use the null modem cable and put on the latest image (1.08) from the DreamBox official website. Use DreamUp for this.

Use a crossover Ethernet cable and null modem to install the image. You should then be back working again.

If you get the box on the net you're only a few button presses away from getting sorted with a third party image.

cant seem to get the box on to the net. got as far as loading the image 1.08
got the blue bar on dream up and loaded 1.08 but it just says uploading. thats as far as it will go. do you think I should load another image.

Samsnake

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM7000S + 120Gb HDD, 0.8m Dish, Staab H-H Motor. Fortec Star Passion
My Location
Swindon, UK
John

There is an image called "erase.img" which is used to clean out old images, it may help. Follow the erase with an image of your choice.

Once you get your box working again its essential you network it to your PC to get the full advantage of this great bit of kit.

From the remote control go into set-up....expert set-up...communication.

The following settings work for me (dial-up connection);

IP : 192.168.0.24
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Type : LAN
Gateway : 192.168.0.1 (windows default for internet connection sharing)

As stated earlier, if you see a logo on the dreambox at boot-up "Dream multimedia" it suggests the boot loader is not corrupted, and this is a good sign!

If you are still having problems double check that your cable has the correct pin outs.....it needs to be a null modem (different to std RS232 I think????)

Rgds
Samsnake

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
john_graydon said:
...got the blue bar on dream up...
When I use dreamUp here I always have to click on FLASH twice and specify the image. It just plain ignores the first one (other than saying uploading image).

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Samsnake said:
John

There is an image called "erase.img" which is used to clean out old images, it may help. Follow the erase with an image of your choice.

Once you get your box working again its essential you network it to your PC to get the full advantage of this great bit of kit.

From the remote control go into set-up....expert set-up...communication.

The following settings work for me (dial-up connection);

IP : 192.168.0.24
Netmask : 255.255.255.0
Type : LAN
Gateway : 192.168.0.1 (windows default for internet connection sharing)

As stated earlier, if you see a logo on the dreambox at boot-up "Dream multimedia" it suggests the boot loader is not corrupted, and this is a good sign!

If you are still having problems double check that your cable has the correct pin outs.....it needs to be a null modem (different to std RS232 I think????)

Rgds
Samsnake

Many thanks for all the replys, but i think the problem was the latest image must have not downloaded properley because when i downloaded 1.07 it worked so have to sort the ch out again. will sort network too. And i will be back for more info soon. Thanks once again.