Flat powerful satellite dish

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
Anybody seen where these dishes are sold in Europe?

_http://www.electronics.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Flat-Satellite-Antenna/p/2000000011011/3000000152942/bg/1001406652.htm
Key Specifications/Special Features:
  • The advantage of flat satellite antenna comparing with the dish antenna
  • Receiving satellite signal efficiency
  • The efficiency of dish antenna is less than 70%, but the efficiency of flat antenna is more than 85%
  • Very small volume, and lightweight. The height of flat is less than 500mm
  • The longitude requirement is very low, for any bad weather
  • Easy installation and transportation
  • Rust-free
  • 15 years long life

[

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
They probably aren't at the moment, many of these things take years to reach the market, there are of course similar type dishes already available. :)

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020S; DBox2 DVB-C; 1.1m Triax twin LNB for Astra & Hotbird; 90cm Sky dish for Hispa; 4-way Diseqc
My Location
Belfast
thanks Rolf.

Would you say that they are as efficient, in terms of reception, as say a 1m or 90cm Triax dish?

other mates - Anybody has used these?

Cheers.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
cfphoenix said:
thanks Rolf.

Would you say that they are as efficient, in terms of reception, as say a 1m or 90cm Triax dish?

other mates - Anybody has used these?

Cheers.

I have an Attisat FL500 FPA (Flat Panel Antenna) and in my opinion the FL500 is about as good as a 60-70cm dish, but it is a lot smaller than a dish...

cfphoenix

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Belfast
Do you receive hispasat loud and clear in your area (I presume Lancashire) with your flat satellite dish?

Thanks for the feedback - compact and powerful dishes seem to be the future - will check these on Ebay.

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
cfphoenix said:
Do you receive hispasat loud and clear in your area (I presume Lancashire) with your flat satellite dish?

Thanks for the feedback - compact and powerful dishes seem to be the future - will check these on Ebay.

I did, on Cuatro (the only Analogue channel on hispa) there were a few sparklies which were the same as my 60CM dish, hence why I said it's as good as a 60cm, but for satellites aimed nearer to the UK they'd be pretty good...