mickkeay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 68cm
Moteck SG2100
Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Brighton, Sussex
apologies for re-post (I put it in original thread)

Many thanks guys - all up and working now. Bit of trouble finding that Thor but got there in the end. I fitted a new 68cm penta in the end. It is fitted on a flat roof (ashfelt / gravel etc.) I leveled then screwed a 2 foot square piece of weatherproofed blockboard onto the roof and then screwed a 1m Patio pole into that. My only concern is the base of the patio stand is only about 20cm square and the dish and motor are quite heavy. I think in time the wind on the dish will loosen the screws and I will be back up there. Any suggestions? (I did toy with the idea of using a concrete paving slab - so I could use some expansion bolts in the slab

I also fitted a 4way LNB so I could run another receiver later but wondered the best way to connect the cables? Ideally I would like for either receiver to have the ability to move the motor (but not at same time obviously) Is that possible - splitting the motor input two ways? Would it get confused where it was? Or should I just leave one receiver passive and just connect it directly to the second feed of the LNB ? Thanks again Guys

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I suppose it depends where the receivers are sited. If they are far apart you might like the facility to move the dish from wherever they are. Also if one receiver was being difficult in moving the dish you would have the other. Lots of options really.

mickkeay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 68cm
Moteck SG2100
Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Brighton, Sussex
Thanks Jimbo. Receivers will be in different parts of the house.

So up at the dish could I run the receiver input to the motor into a splitter and connect both feeds from the receivers to it?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Can be tricky. I can do it with two Echostar AD3000s controlling one 36V dish, as long as they are 'in sync' regarding positioner count.

Not sure with two different species of receiver with Diseqc 1.2 control though.

Llew

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
If you were worried about the dish mount, you can actually buy non-penetrating roof mounts, whcih is a flat frame into which you place paving slabs.
I would have though this would be a better option than what you have done.:)

To be honest I have never found a method to allow two receivers to be able to control 1 diseqc motor, I'm pretty sure a splitter would not work.

The only thing that might work is a manual A-B switch, but it's manual, and the motor could get confused.

Anither possibility may be to use the IF loopthrough, the one not controlling it would need to be turn off though. Again, not tried it.

Robbo:)

mickkeay

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Penta 68cm
Moteck SG2100
Fortec Star Passion HD
My Location
Brighton, Sussex
Thanks Robbo - I will have a look for non penetrating roof mounts. Ive seen a few other threads around re motors geting confused when switching receivers so I think I will connect the second one passively to the LNB