Football from around the world

webbo1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
Leicestershire
Hi

I currently have Sky HD in which along with the subscribed Sky Sports channels I get to watch all the UK football. In addition to this I spend lots of time watching games from around the world via live streaming. Can anyone recommend any sat boxes/packages to allow me to do this instead of live streaming?

Such as Fox TV would be great.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Yank version of Fox Sports is not available anywhere in Europe.

However there are assorted regional versions - eg Fox Sports Middle East available

http://tinyurl.com/c82us65

Ignore the ones listed as PowerVu - those are not available to residential customers.

Apart from that it really depends what you want - I sometimes watch African or Middle Eastern games which are transmitted in the clear.

webbo1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
Leicestershire
Ok thanks. Perhaps I need to go a step or two back. I am a complete novice to all this and have only ever had normal sky tv. I am after a setup where I can have the sky but also all sports from around the world from such as Fox Tv. Also middle east games and african games would be great. May I ask what do I need to do all this?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
26.0E is good for football, if you can pick it up, i am not sure in the Leicestershire area/if you have a clear view for this sat, but your not that far from me,

i am getting these free channels of this sat with an old technomate 1500 and a 1mtr dish :-).

Attachments

• DSCN2747.JPG
    DSCN2747.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCN2748.JPG
    DSCN2748.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN2749.JPG
    DSCN2749.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN2750.JPG
    DSCN2750.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 103

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
and saudi sports,

Attachments

• DSCN2751.JPG
    DSCN2751.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 59

webbo1981

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
Leicestershire
Thanks for that mate. I am moving into a new home. I shall get a sky subscription, are you able to recommend what setup I should go with in addition to sky?

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If you are moving house, when you first settle in, go see the neighbours with a large bottle or two of what they enjoy,

Then have a good look around your garden for a site that will allow you to fit a 1.8m dish without it being too much of an eyesore.

Then ply the neighbours once again and tell them it's for educational purposes before going ahead with the installation..

Archived-1

Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Location
uk
Channel Hopper said:
If you are moving house, when you first settle in, go see the neighbours with a large bottle or two of what they enjoy,

Then have a good look around your garden for a site that will allow you to fit a 1.8m dish without it being too much of an eyesore.

Then ply the neighbours once again and tell them it's for educational purposes before going ahead with the installation..

i would check your line of sight before a large bottle/2, if its a no go then go for the large bottle/10 and tell them your going to mount your 1.8 dish on the chimney lmao.