Football in Essex

londonpaul

Reaction score
Ok..heres the deal..thinking about getting into the "satalight" scene, my main reasons are im sick of not being able to watch the footie live on a sat.. i cant get a season ticket as they are all sold out..

I am totally new to this.. is there some kind of newbie guide?

What sort of things would i be able to pick up??

Can you also recommend the stuff to buy and how much it will all cost..

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
@Londonpaul....welcome to the site.

Take a look through some of the forums...especially multisat systems. It's usually the case that once you get into this hobby, you nearly always want to push the boundaries. So buying for the future is a good idea. If I were buying a receiver today I would probably go for a Technomate. I'd get a motorised dish, probably 1 metre for Essex and a Matrix Reloaded Cam. You can get premiership football that way and lots of other stuff besides. Depends on your interests. It's down to personal choice really but, as I say, take a few moments to read up from the site.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Yep welcome Londonpaul...Like you I live in the Essex area too, providing you have a good south facing wall with no obstructions you should be O'K....I love me footy especially Chelsea and I would go as far to say that I have seen more games FTA (Free To Air) on my system than sky sports has televised. If you dont mind the commentry being in Arabic or Romanian etc then you will be O'K (you can still hear the crowds coating the ref though, thats in English :D) Take a peak at this site, I like others on here always post it (It's like a footy bible!) http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/ and look up the listings that have FTA, that will give you some idea what you can view legally!

M

marriott30

Hi there

Also a Essex boy,pardon the pun we have a pub in Essex and have a conax card and cam on thor, messed about with other channels but this seems the most reliable. Nothing worse than a pub full of hammers fans a t 2.55pm on a saturday and a big scramble sign on the screen O-no cheers

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
LOL ....well actually I originate from the I.O.W m8...but lived in Essex for the past 30 years or so! Second Fav team the Hammers ...both my boys support em!