football mad

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
i have just purchased the ifinity card progrmmer.....trouble is i need to learn how to use it!!!.....i have an Xtreme motorised system up and running and looking forward to watching premiership games on a saturday afternoon.....some of the channels i need to recieve are canal+ or c+blauw......can anyone guide this begginer in the right direction please?......

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Here's a howto for the programmer, you will need to locate a six in one file on one of the file sites, see Nobbly's big links forum.

The two channels you are wanting to watch, will not be available for long, have you looked at 30West?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
thanks for the reply Rolfw.......30deg west is a problem unfortunatley for me, due to a block of flats in the way!!....but there is another channel I could pick up on hotbird and that is supersports greece....any good hints for this ......waverider

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
If you are after live premiership football on saturday afternoons ( 3.00 k.o.) why not try TV Sport on Sirus, I am watching Southampton v Chelsea at the moment. Tune in at 12697 V on Sirus 5.0E. It is a Romanian channel, but with
English graphics. It is also FTA.

This is a update on the above report. According to this month's "What Satellite" there are five Romanian channels on this package . TV Sport, Telesport, plus three others.
They are at 12.700 V , transponder 5, 10200, 3/4.
It will be encrypted (surprise, surprise) Conax.
They also say that you will need a 1.5 metre dish (which is a bit strange as I can pick them up with my 70cm dish) we will see.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Many FTA channels have the footie in for free, but Canal + B and R are in Irdeto 1 for the next week or so

Get programming quickly

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks...rod like you i love me footy..especially chelsea...upto now i am pretty peaved off as i didnt see the game GRRRRRR......i have an Xtreme 9000 which should do the job with a 6 in 1 card....but nope... no way..... couldnt find a god dammed glimmer of a boy in blue runnin up a pitch........agreed i am new to all this satellite stuff, but upto now i've put up me dish and got all the damm thing working.....yep i get the mature content crap (yawn... seen one seen em all!!!) so the system is working ok BUT!! no bloody premiership footy!...... i am slowly gettin frustrated that i have surfed loads an loads of websites lookin for files that will get me to see me footy....but naw.. no way!.... i feel now i wasted all that time....trouble is rod i am a begginer in this field and although i'm good with nuts and bolts i do need some help and the right advice which upto to now has been hard to find.....(excluding yourself, rolfw & channel hopper)!....and so finally.... if you people can help point this balding man (through pullin his hair out!) in the right direction i would really appreciate it...many thanks ...wavrider

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks for the reply channel hopper......what FTA channels are these then?.....wavrider

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
This should get you going in the right direction

http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/

Ill give some feed parameters if the info is not enough, besides there are always Deans posts, some have the games info

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Thanks hopper...i'll check it out....oh by the way what was those FTA channels you mentioned......waverider

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
They are all in the link Chelsea was on NTV 42East (FTA), Turkish, the Romanian and Bulgarian channels for the most part are free, but a sterrable dish of reasonable size is one of the essentials

Dusting off the old analogue receiver increases the chance of spotting footie by a good margin, especially on Arabic TV

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I didnt realise analogue was still in service hopper.....i trashed my old Toshiba last week!!!.......

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It's also worth having a punt round for any feeds. I watched a Chelsea game on a free feed a while back when the game was being beamed back to Stamford Bridge.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Its easy for you two as you both have the nose for finding channels jimbo & hopper! unlike me franticaly clicking and swearing at me remote box trying to find the game!!!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
That only comes with experience Wavefinder, it all gets easier once you have a few sightings under your belt. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
yep i spose thats true rolfw...one bit of trouble i'me having at the moment though is that i can receive astra 1 & 2, Hot bird, Sirius & Hispasat.....but for some reason can't for the life of me get Thor, Nilesat or Turksat.1c.....looks like i'll have to take another trip up the ladder as soon as this poxy weather blows over eh?...waverider

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Apart from the Turksat channels (which may be down to an obstacle, or incorrect database frequencies within the receiver) , you may need a larger dish for the Nilesat and Thor satellites

Which part of SE England ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If the dish was set up correctly and is 70cm or more, then Thor should be there from SE England, you need to check that you are looking for a transponder that is not on the beam that requires a 1 metre or more.

11325 H 24500, BBC World is in the clear so can be found easily.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
The 1 degree West position has three satellites in this position. Thor 2 may have the strength to be received on a small dish in the UK but there are a number of different beams, each with different downlink areas and power.

The feeds of interest (and some of the Bulgarian channels that are FTA ) require a dish able to resolve signals from Intelsat 707 and Thor 3, both of which are not easily resolved in the UK.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Hmmm i see....well i have an 90cm dish, this is why i cant work it out.....as the receiver once it finds the birds then shows signal strength bars....and probably like most other receivers out there i am able to pulse the motor too.....perhaps it maybe set at the wrong transponder....i'll have to check that out too......when the wife has finnished watching her poxy soap cliffe hangers!!.....GGRRRRRR lousey Corry!! :-(