Football on Hotbird

Geee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
North London
Hi - Can anyone help a novice at this? I have a fixed dish that picks up Hotbird, I received ART last season. Is there any premiership footie shown on hotbird now or must I get someone in to realign my dish to another satellite? If so, which one should I get? Or am I better with motorised or is that too expensive? Thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Motorising isn't expensive and if you are prepared to have a go, we can coach you through the installation. :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, agreed, motorising is not expensive at all, if you set it up yourself.
You can can easily pick up a diseqc motor for less than £50.

Geee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird
My Location
North London
Thanks for the encouragement. I think I will have a go maybe. What should I look for in a meter? Should I get one that identifies the satellites etc? I am very nervous that I will not get it right.
And should I just use my existing dish or do I need a new one?
Thanks

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The trouble is, the football is not all on one satellite.
Not into football myself, but DigitalB supersports I think its called, seems to be mentioned a lot. Check out the other threads in this section.

DigitalB is on 16E and depending on UK location needs an 80-100cm dish.

I have also seen English football on Premiere Sports Portal 19.2E
and some football on D+ 19.2 E. (patched receiver), I know nothing about football, so I couldnt tell you what quality the games were.

To re-align the dish on a budget, a cheap "satellite finder" can be used,
I prefer the needle type, others prefer the beepers. These are <£10

You can also use the receiver's signal meter, which will enable you to work out which sat you are on.

and yes, there are professional meters too, but they are a lot more costly, but not normally necessary for a one off re-alignment.

If you carefully mark the dishes position on the bracketry (indelible pen), if you muck up the re-alignment, it should be easy to get it back.

To go from Hotbird 13E to 16E, you would need to rotate the dish by a very small amount to the left (from behind dish)
and down by an even smaller amount, as those sats are right next to each other with nothing in between.