• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

football on tv

My Satellite Setup
no satellite computer windows xp
My Location
n yorkshire
the cost of sky football has now become prohibitive to watch in my local club so has been discontinued wef 1 sept
I know that local pubs do broadcast live football
I believe that it is illegal to do this but only between 3pm and 5.15 on a saturday
Is it legal/still possible to receive football outside those hours

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
peter3d2000 said:
Is it legal/still possible to receive football outside those hours
Some pubs use the same equipment you could use at home to receive football from foreign providers.

If a pub/club has a S*y subscription, and shows football, you will see a small pint glass in the bottom right corner of the screen.

This shows they are paying the correct subscription.

twag42

My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
its also possible to pick up some of the matches via the feed satellites.

Rob

My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
peter3d2000 said:
the cost of sky football has now become prohibitive to watch in my local club
The cost of Sky football to pubs and clubs is a complete joke, I just could not believe how much Sky were asking.
For one "big" game last season my local was asked £500, which considering it would pull in about another ten customers the landlord said no.
For one months rental it was £2000, so we no longer have Sky Sports and I can't blame the landlord.

dave branson

My Location
Florence Italy
How do all those Irish/Australian Pubs all over Europe do it?They just pay a sports sub in the UK,no body bothers them as SKY are not allowed to sell subs
into Europe.so its catch 22 for them.
But if you want to show Canal+ Dutch football in a bar in Holland,you have to take out a bar sub.