Football / sport channels on 13e progdvb?

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Humax Foxsat HD+ Freesat box
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
80cm solid dish goldstar 0.3 LNB with satfinder motor
Panasonic digibox Pace digibox goldstar
80cm mesh dish, Skystar2 pc card 139 inline boosters!
My Location
south scotland
Hi, just got a SS2 working on hotbird but going round in circles downloading a landfill of plugins! don't know which work or don't. Have s2emu installed and I can get TPS foot & star, eurosport 1&2, ESPN classic & Dubai Sports which is fantastic for starters. Has anyone / could anyone list what channels you can and can't get with the various emu's and plugins (and which go with which!). Mainly been trying for Canal+ Supersport 1,2 etc etc ART channels (presumably unlockable) Polsat & Galaxie.

As an aside, does anyone know why ss2 just seems to crash on some channels - e.g. 'not responding' - bloody annoying.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Liamstamb

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13 east
My Location
England
markyd23 said:
Hi, just got a SS2 working on hotbird but going round in circles downloading a landfill of plugins! don't know which work or don't. Have s2emu installed and I can get TPS foot & star, eurosport 1&2, ESPN classic & Dubai Sports which is fantastic for starters. Has anyone / could anyone list what channels you can and can't get with the various emu's and plugins (and which go with which!). Mainly been trying for Canal+ Supersport 1,2 etc etc ART channels (presumably unlockable) Polsat & Galaxie.

As an aside, does anyone know why ss2 just seems to crash on some channels - e.g. 'not responding' - bloody annoying.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Hi whats an s2emu and is this how you got Tps Foot without an official Card?. Do you think you could explain to me how you managed to get Tps Foot without an official card ? I don't really know how it works.:(

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
Hi sorry, haven't been online for a while. Suggest you search the forum for prog dvb or skystar2 - am assuming that you haven't got a ss2 card from your reply?

Uk2cyp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 6900 Combo Motorised 80cm + dual lnb in UK
TM 1500 Motorised 80cm in Cyprus

Hotbird 13E
Astra 1M widebeam
Astra 1H
1W T2 Beam
7E,5E,10E,16E,26E,33E,42E
4W,7W,8W,12.5W,15W
All Ok with 80cm in cyprus
My Location
Kent UK and Cyprus
Hi

Thats about it for the sports channels on Hotbird

As for the freezing if you have a landfill of plugins installed in the
Progdvb root folder delete or disable the ones you dont use
I just keep S2Emu and Yankse.Even then i disable Yankse when s2Emu is enabled as they can conflict sometimes causing the freezing

Apart from that just keep your softcam file updated

See Ya

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
Cheers for that - have just reverted to 4.65.2 and kept only s2emu. Everything seems much better, though it is annoying how TPS foot & Star suffers from picture break up and some slight freezing. Signal is between 28% and 52% respectively. Other channels have the same signal but have no break up & are fine. Any ideas why foot & star should be different?:-tree :-googly

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
IIRC there is a big difference in sig strength between the two at my locn. TPS Foot is far weaker? That doesn't mean much where you are though :)

Likely to be either poor sig quality, poor setup/config, poor codecs or someting else (like AV) running to its detriment.

Try a defrag/reorg, messing about with buffer sizes and locn (memory is best, if you have plenty) or turning off HT if you're running it. Also, bumping CPU prio often helps.

STICK.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I've moved this here guys, seems a better place for it. Also deleted the erroneous post by liamstamb.

markyd23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400+ & LNB
Sky+ box, Satlink meter
My Location
south scotland
Hi, not sure how to do: "messing about with buffer sizes and locn (memory is best, if you have plenty) or turning off HT if you're running it. Also, bumping CPU prio often helps", sorry, what's HT? how do you bump CPU prio?

Have just ordered a 64mb 3d graphics card to replace the internal 8mb one, though am sure my cable setup doesn't help........

- we have a huge woodland at the back of the garden (south!!) so there's about 10m cable to the back bedroom, with a booster, then 20m across the garden (another booster) 5m across the burn (yep, another booster) and 40m through the wood to the field and the dish (another booster here too! maybe 2 come to think of it)
. The problem is, mice seem to like the insulating cable and keep bloody nibbling!!, in the new year I plan to replace the 40m cable in one go and put it through a hose too, cutting down on connections. So annoying when you see so many dishes pointing into a wood or through a house!? Can't really complain as I work for a woodlands organisation! :-tree