For a newbie - It's all double-Deutch at the minute!!!!

willjor

Willjor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish, Technomate 1600 2CI Super
My Location
Home UK, currently in Germany
Hi, As a newcomer to this site and satellite tv I look forward to using the broad depth of knowledge assembled here. My current situation, In Germany working at present, have taken over from previous tenant who had his UK sky box installed with (i think) an 80cm fixed dish but has ony left the dish.
I brought a Samsung box with me from the UK but sometimes it works on BBC1 but usually not although at first there were lots of channels so, I have ordered a Technomate 1600 CI Super patched receiver to replace it. If you guys have any do's or don'ts then i'm all ears!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you are only sometimes getting the channels, then it may be that your dish requires aligning. whereabouts in Germany are you?

The technomate is a good receiver, but for Astra 28.2 reception, a standard Sky digibox may have been a better option.

willjor

Willjor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Rolf,
Thanks for the quick reply,
I've just checked my co-ordinates o Google and apparently I'm at Lat 52.7198 Long 10.6182

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
What town in Germany (or which is the nearest big town?).
I am in the area of Bonn and I have no problems at all with a 80 cm dish

willjor

Willjor
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi, I'm a couple of K's from Wittingen, not far from you, I'm hoping that when new receiver arrives I'll have no problem too as i'm sure the one i'm using now is kaput.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I am using a SG Motek motor and a dreambox, and I get all the good stuff from 30 west to 42 east and a Dreambox.