For British members, please read this

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I heard this news item on the radio the other day and it reminded me of how disgusted I have felt at the way our governments, past and present have treated our loyal Gurkha soldiers.

If anyone should be entitled to live in our country it is them, if you also feel that we have treated them shabbily, then go to this page, read a little of the information on the Gurkhas' proud history and follow the link on that page to sign the petition

The case which highlighted this was that of VC hero Tul Bahadur Pun, who had been denied entry to the UK, because "You have failed to demonstrate that you have strong ties with the UK." they have since reversed the decision in the light of public outrage, see this article.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Anyone who has served this country by putting their lives on the line deserve to have the right to settle in this country. This is in contrast to others who seem to be allowed to live here without even learning to speak English.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
I've happily signed, as it seems have lots of people, but will this, or any future, government listen to what's right and just??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes I agree Topper, there was another one recently where a South African born British Army officer with several years service, was refused leave to stay here, as he hadn't been living in the country for long enough, he'd been serving overseas in the Balkans and other trouble spots for us.

Too many jobsworths controlling things, they need a little common sense.

PS. They may or may not listen, but at least we've had our say.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Yes, have signed up. Their bravery in fighting for our country was legendary. 26 Victoria Crosses and numerous miliatary medals obviously mean nothing to the faceless ones here who decide these things.

Llew

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Disgraceful, have added my name.

johnsattuk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 5800 Echostar3000,DB7000, Relook 400S, Humax HDC2000, 55cm Fibo Gregorian dish with waveguide and Motek 2100 mod, 90cm Fibo Gregorian dish, 120cm Fibo Gregorian dish on a 1224 motor with waveguide
My Location
West Mids, UK
One of the few petitions I have been pleased to add my name to :)

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
its something ive known about for a while.... and in all the time they dont get paid anything like our soldiers (or didnt)

they are very pro british, and love britain (god knows why LOL) and they do a brilliant job.

its signed!

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Done.

"Of the 12 living holders of the Victoria Cross, one-third of them are Gurkhas (4 VC winners). In all, 26 Victoria Crosses have been awarded to Gurkha Regiments for acts of extreme bravery in the face of the enemy (13 VCs having been awarded to Nepali Gurkhas). 6,500 Gurkhas have received military decorations for bravery."

allan238

Reaction score
My Location
west of england
Good one Rolf, I was very happy to sign the petition a couple of weeks ago on Toe's.
They are excellent soldiers who in my opinion have been very shabbily treated by our government, past and present.

What a pity that today's youth don't share the same love and respect for this country as little (Big Heart) Johnny Ghurka.

Allan.

Arry1975

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DBox
My Location
London
Signed signed and signed!!
As all have alluded to, a very worthwhile petition. Surely anyone who has contributed to our continuing freedom deserves all the help we can give them!!

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Good idea Rolf ....in fact I put my name to it before my holiday. A disgusting way to treat heroes .... but typical of the 'caring' authorities who think they own the system in this country and conveniently forget that they are, in fact, our servants.