For fringe recepion HUMAX VS BUSH HD

Hedley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tecatel 3.1 dish
Pace 2600c1 receiver
My Location
Fuerteventura
Hi Fringe, You are correct I meant quality. I think your readings are mis-leading as I suspect your box does what Sky boxes do when you check signal strength and quality and default to test a north beam signal hence the flattering numbers. The best sky box for fringe areas is definitely a pace 2600C1 which looks like the 430 but has a much finer tuner. As you say we may never know the reason for the drop of signal at night down here at certain times of year but have to work around it.
Like you my dish is well secured but literally just pressing the dish on one side is the difference between getting a signal and no signal, it is that fine!! Hence anything you can do to optimise your signal will see big results. I do recommend the tensioning wires are you can then play around to get the best signal, best in the morning as any difference shows up more easily. With the tensioners best get inox (stainless steel) ones as when the signal falls away in the Spring you will be able to adjust your dish without scraping off the rust. Let us know how your realignment goes. It is very much trail and error but worth it in the end for a home from home, UK TV, in the sun!!

denn1s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box, Pace508ip, Echostar 2110-2ci.
My Location
South Lanzarote
Hi Hedley and others
I moved to South Lanzarote in October and I have been reading your threads above with interest. I am trying to find out the latest position regarding getting UK tv via satellite.

Can anyone bring me up to date please.

Hedley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Tecatel 3.1 dish
Pace 2600c1 receiver
My Location
Fuerteventura
Hi Dennis, You have two main options:- A 1.2m dish will get you most of the Sky channels with a suitable subscription card plus free to air channels like channel 5 BBC news but you will not get BBC1 BBC2 or Channel 4 unless you subscribe to HD and then you could get channel 4 HD. With this smaller dish you can get ITV1 region central/south as they are currently broadcasting these on the pan european beam and not the spot UK beam as are most BBC1/BBC2 and ITV1 channels. If you want BBC sport a little trick is to go to BBC parliament press the red button and get all BBC sporting events interactively as these signals are pan european. To get BBC1 BBC2 etc. you will need a 3.1m dish and the best box to attach is a pace2600c1 although this is not HD. The dish will cost about €2500 to install and you need someone good to set it up. You still will not get all the channels and BBC regions . If you need any further advice or help finding an installer let me know, I am only 12kms from you! Hedley

markngaz

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
freesat hd humax foxsat HDR
My Location
doncaster u.k
sorry but i think the bush and goodmans hd box are cheap and nasty, i had one, sent it bk and got a humax, u can do so much more and the signal is miles better for me but it dos have 2 lnbs my bush hd box would not turn on sometimes i would advise to stay away from the chepo boxes, u get what you pay for

denn1s

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Box, Pace508ip, Echostar 2110-2ci.
My Location
South Lanzarote
Hedley said:
Hi Dennis, You have two main options:- A 1.2m dish will get you most of the Sky channels with a suitable subscription card plus free to air channels like channel 5 BBC news but you will not get BBC1 BBC2 or Channel 4 unless you subscribe to HD and then you could get channel 4 HD. With this smaller dish you can get ITV1 region central/south as they are currently broadcasting these on the pan european beam and not the spot UK beam as are most BBC1/BBC2 and ITV1 channels. If you want BBC sport a little trick is to go to BBC parliament press the red button and get all BBC sporting events interactively as these signals are pan european. To get BBC1 BBC2 etc. you will need a 3.1m dish and the best box to attach is a pace2600c1 although this is not HD. The dish will cost about €2500 to install and you need someone good to set it up. You still will not get all the channels and BBC regions . If you need any further advice or help finding an installer let me know, I am only 12kms from you! Hedley

Hi Hedley
Thanks for your info and help. Because this is a bit off the topic for this thread I have sent you a PM.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis

pandashoe

Reaction score
hi ive just posted this in the fringe recepion thred in this forum then found this so i'll repost it here n see
ive got a invacom c120 with 1.9 solid dish near torrevieja southern costa blanca spain useing a pace 2600ci & geting good results that is bbc2/ch4/ch5 most of the day
what i'd like to know is has anyone tested the Bush BFSAT01HD stb yet as in the mood for some HD

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
costa blanca-humax & 1.2 dish
essex-humax, sky & 40 cm dish
My Location
essex & villa martin alicante
Panda - Ive got a place near villamartin and I was told that a 1.4m dish with a 0.1lnb would be enough to get all signals through the humax hd box or do you think ive been given duff information as I see you run a much bigger dish?

pandashoe

Reaction score
sorry just seen this you'll get nowt wouth havein on a little dish like that you need atleast a 1.0mtr dish (solid) with a invacon c102 lnb but get 2 or more feeds on the lnb trust me i know if theres anything else let me know as we're at entre naranjos so not far

FRINGE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
laminas 2.7 offset
laminas feed horn
Invacom quad LNB
Humax foxsat PVR
My Location
Tenerife
FRINGE said:
My new Invacom C120 LNB should arrive in the next 2 weeks and I will post the results from this change. Now that will be a good direct comparison. I just hope that the earth does not stop wobbling in the meantime because that would bugger up any worthwhile conclusions !!!!

Sorry to you all but got distracted on other things and never posted an update but here goes. Got the Invacom quad LNB (and the new feed horn from Laminas) about 12 months ago. Fitted both and had the dish alignment checked/adjusted by the original installation company at the same time. The results were excellent, even the chap doing the alignment said that he was amazed at the improvements. Compared to the original signal strength/quality readings in my earlier post, signal strength has remained much the same over the year but the quality readings have increased significantly and now match signal strength in the majority of cases. I know that these results/readings are relative to my setup and my components but is has proven to me that the money and time spent on upgrading the LNB and feed horn was well worth it. We now enjoy good UK Freesat TV 24/7. The late night loss/deterioration of signal quality at this time of year is still there but, because of the overall improvements, it has not interfered with our viewing and so far we have only seen pixilation during very bad weather (rain) and that’s not often in Tenerife, although it is throwing it down now as I write this!! So, as for the dish, LNB, feedhorn and Humax, I would recommend them all. Hope this helps.