force 1122

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Hello from the newest member.

I have an analogue system with DiSECq 1.2, which I bought for £75 in France last year. I've learned a lot from playing with the kit but, since it's on the way out, I've decided to explore digital. I've done a huge amount of reading and searching the Web, but the more I find out, the more confused I get, particularly with regard to CAM's and receivers. I thought I might buy a Humax 5400 with a patch, but then I saw the Force 1122, which seems to be a more sophisticated bit of kit, has rave reviews and is cheaper than the Humax. I've read that the Force has programmable CAM's, but I can't find any downloads. Am I chasing rainbows, or would I do better to buy a 5400 while they're still available?

Geoff Wolstencroft

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
DiSEqC = Digital Satellite EQuipment Control. Surprised you have that on an old analogue system...

The programmable (embedded)CAMs feature for the Force should not be taken to mean that the CAM can be freely programmed with (eg) something like Amon of FreeCAM2. No doubt there are all kinds of safeguards built into the procedure.

Don't worry about the 5400. The new 5400z can also be patched once the loader has been replaced. Various people are working on a hardware interface which will enable that. Satnerds in Holland have already made and tested one (see http://www.satnerds.com/ ), and are talking to local satellite dealers to set up a network of shops that can do the upgrade. It will be mainstream pretty soon.

2old

Pligs76

Reaction score
My Location
uh::no
Have a 1122 with the yet to be released Betasoftware giving you both embedded Conax and Viaccess (http://johnsat1.gotoo.com/) thus leaving you with two slots for various CAMs like the hard to find Irdeto AllCam / FreeCam and even a SECA CAM.

The Humax 5400 is wonderful piece of kit giving you all these options with bit of software tinkering. The additional Dolby Surround capability makes it even more attractive.

Both good choices. The Humax is presently a bit to expensive to my liking. That might change, as 2old indicated.

Pligs

wolsty

"Satellite Expert"
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo, Humax IRCI5400z, Sony Bravia KDL-32EX403, 1.1m Triax, Technomate TH-2600 DiSEqC mount, Sony BDV-E280 Home Cinema system, ancient Logik Freeview PVR.
My Location
Kernow
Thanks, Pligs.

I think I've decided on the Humax.

Wolsty