Force D-Master 1122S

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Does anyone have the above receiver, and do they think it's any good?

I find it hard to use, had it for some time now but only started to use it in the last few days. Also is there a good user manual on line anywhere. I did download one from the force site but found it very basic.

Any help, hints,advice welcome.

downton56

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
STONEHENGE
Hi yes i have a force 1122s and find it very good there are one or two dissadvantages but on the whole easy to use feel free to ask any questions

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
downton56 said:
Hi yes i have a force 1122s and find it very good there are one or two dissadvantages but on the whole easy to use feel free to ask any questions

What are the disadvantages and have you seen a good on line manual, or should I just re-read the one that came in the box.

We have double glazing here so it will have to be a very good throw to get it on to the lawn.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Hi Razor,
I also have the Force D-Master 1122S receiver, and it is a excellent receiver so do not throw it through the window.
Read the Operating Manual that came with the receiver and you will soon get the hang of it.
As with everything new it just takes time.
Good luck.

psats

Reaction score
yes the 1122 is a very good rec for everyday use but its no good on hispasat with the well known force bug allso its conax cam is good useing a silver card for 6/1 plus at the moment its not clearing the c+france useing the silver only MM :)

=

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
I did here about this Force Bug...BUT

What is it ?
What does it do/stop you doing ?
Can it be sorted ?

psats

Reaction score
the bug stops you from getting all the chnls on 30w there is not fix for it force have no plans to update the software

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
While I said that the Force D-Master 1122S receiver is a good receiver I do have one problem with it and that is when I change satellite for another channel I sometimes get No Signal, and no picture.
I then have to change channel (instant picture) and then change back again to the channel that I wanted in the first place before the picture appears.
Does anyboby else have this problem (a small one I know), and is there a cure ?

psats

Reaction score
hi rob
i dont have that prob now im useing a 4 way diseq. i too found that prob when useing motor but i was told it was the way you have the sats and chnls stored

psats :)

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Thanks Psats,
Do you know how the satellites and channels should be stored, or I assume in what sort of order ?

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Pluged in mine tonight and got nowhere.

Fixed at 13e, did a search and only found half the channels, and most of them said no signal or no channel found. Really finding it hard to use, getting very depressed.

Will pay for return flights if some wizzkid will come over and show me how to use this box.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Is there a Network search facility on this model ?

Any manufacturer with official embedded firmware for card slots is unlikely to release a patch for working with a non official card

Check out the present situation with the Strong and Manhattan receivers and troubles with patching (only brands - not manufacturers ). The broadcasters are unlikely to give equipment that has been made under subsidy, a chance to be used with a card for decrypytion without subscription

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Channel Hopper said:
Is there a Network search facility on this model ?

Any manufacturer with official embedded firmware for card slots is unlikely to release a patch for working with a non official card

If there is a network search facility I have not found it. Don't even know how to add a channel.

psats

Reaction score
If there is a network search facility I have not found it. Don't even know how to add a channel.
------------------------------------------------------
if you want to add chnl
menu / setup chnls / tv /ok / new add the name of chnl
/ next /then add freq prog id /submite

psats

Reaction score
forgot to say for eas of adding chnl go to the sat you want to add the chnl

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Thanks for the help guys.

PSATS...will try that later, also will try not to put the box on the floor and jump up and down on it.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi Razor,
Have you done a upgrade on your software yet ?
The reason I ask is that I had a message from the satellite about 10 days ago to upgrade.
Is there a small envelope in the top left hand corner of your TV screen ?
If there is (or even if they is not) press Main Menu, go to Setup, then go to Update.
It will take approx 3 minutes.

After that you will need to reset your receiver to get all the lastest Channels.
Main menu again, go to Setup, then go to Reset Receiver, mark the items that you want to reset ( TV, Radio, Packages, Frequencies) and mark them with a x.
I think that if you have never Upgraded before you should reset the lot.
Also are the satellites that you are trying to receive turned on !
To check go to Main Menu, then Positions.
You can see all the satellites listed, make sure that the ones you want are in bold print, and not hidden.
You can activate a satellite by pressing your red button on your remote control. As you can see in the top left hand corner the red dot Hide.
Press O.K, which takes you to Position and enter details, like name of satellite, position, lnb type (universal), and DiSEqc 1 ( I enter 1 ) though this depends on your system.
Then to Submit and press O.K.
Best of luck I hope this is of help to you.
Let us know how you get on.
PS nearly forgot you must be on Thor 1 West, or Astra 19 East to get the Update.
All this is in your Operating Manual page 46.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Hi Rob

Yes I did swing the dish around to 19e and picked up the upgrade, but still on a fixed dish at the moment and I like to leave it at 13e. Anyway I seem to have deleted this last upgrade..got too brave with the hidden menues.

Am at present looking to buy a 1.2m dish and motor, when I have all my setup finished then I will my mind to this problem.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Essex
Hi Razor,
Reading your orginal message you say that you have had this receiver "for some time" and have only just started using it.
It think that this could be your problem. Force update there receivers every now and then and it sounds to me that your receiver has never been updated, is that the case ?
If it is then I think you might have found why you are having so many problems. I have had my receiver for about six months and during that period have done two upgrades, each of which gave me over 400 changes !
If your receiver has never been upgraded over say two years you might have missed over 3000 changes to your software, channels and frequencies.
It could be that your receiver is trying to find channels ,
and frequencies that no longer exist, and of course cannot find the new ones.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Why when I do a search will it not find the channels.

I go to Positions, Highlight say 13e and hit the blue button to search. But get nothing back, if I put the cable into the back of my DIGIBOX and do a search, say , 12091H, 27500, I get a page and a half of channels.